Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Questionnaire Results

Hi guys

Firtsly who does your parent questionnaires...staff or committee?

When you have got all the questionnaires in what do you do with them?

Do you feedback to parents?

Thanks for any info.

Staff generally do ours because they hear the comments from parents. I might suggest ideas but they have to address the answers more than I do. If it was a managerial comment then they'd tell me and i'd put my two pen'th in.

After we receive the answers we read through and write a brief reply to each concern, idea, query and post these on the notice board.

Hi Marley,

We send some out to parents and staff.

The parent ones are collected and evaluated, if there is say one or two parents with a concern that we can address or a system we can adapt for them then we do that on an individual basis. If there is a concern that several have raised then we look at our procedures to see if we can improve it. This is then written on the forms and advised to parents on the newsletter too. The questionnaires are then filed as evidence.

The staff ones are completed on the computer to make them completely anonymous, thats the only way to get real concerns and problems expressed. We then evaluate and decide if there are things we can improve or concerns to address.

Hope that makes sense and is a little help to you :-)

sue

Hi Marley we have just compliled a questionaire to our parents, it was modified by myself and a committee member working from last years one. We have added some other particular questions to enable us to evaluate the feedback if any.

From this we have begun to sift through them and almost all of them show wonderful positive comments which is great.

The next stage will be to send out a letter giving the percentage of responses and our grateful thanks for their return.

For those that we feel deserve a personal response we shall do this individually with the person concerned.

Have to say [little rant coming] xD

One person had the audacity to say that sometimes we are approximately 15 minutes late opening, and this in turn made her late for work.

I can honestly say we have never in my 20 years association with this group in one way or another known our pre-school to ever be late opening by this amount of time maybe one minute if the clock, watch is wrong, so you can imagine a response will be coming this persons way.

Hey ho all part of the job :o:(

Thanks all

Yes we have done analysis and will be doing a little report for parents so at least we are on the right track then!

One comment we had was inadequate for safeguarding (so why send your child there??!!) and the worst thing about club was the committtee were stuck up!! Theres always one!

One comment we had was inadequate for safeguarding (so why send your child there??!!) and the worst thing about club was the committtee were stuck up!! Theres always one!

Ouch! I'm guessing they are completed anonymously, but I think I'd want to know exactly what that comment mean - it could be a complain to Ofsted in the making!

Interesting to see how the committee is perceived isn't it? Wonder how they define 'stuck up'? :o

We look at them as a team and discuss any comments that could/should be addressed and contact the parents directly (if they've put their name on) and ask how we can improve our practice. As you say above, sometimes a comment is unfounded and so we ask these parents to come and talk to the manager to see what we can do to improve their experience with us. We then file them in the cabinet. We keep a couple of years-worth.

On a positive note, we use the lovely comments on our website and in the prospectus!

Ouch! I'm guessing they are completed anonymously, but I think I'd want to know exactly what that comment mean - it could be a complain to Ofsted in the making!

Interesting to see how the committee is perceived isn't it? Wonder how they define 'stuck up'? :o

Marley, for the safeguarding comment I'd make sure it was addressed with a full statement regarding your training, practice and risk assessments. Put the question and the comment in with your reponse so everyone can see you take it seriously.

Maz, if the committee are anything like me, I'm too busy to stop and chat or even to f*rt some days. If so, I'm a possible candidate for stuckupness. xD

I send them out myself, collate the results and do a note for staff saying what issues came up and what positives. (I'm chair of committee).

I was quite p****d off with the ones I got back this time, not that they were 'bad' but just that there wasn't any difference from last year's, despite all the changes we have made for the better! Don't go expecting gratitude I think is the general message.

It seems to me that parents are becoming more and more fussy, and that it is best to take what they say with a pinch of salt. The more professional we become it seems, the more fussy parents get. It has been suggested to me that if they were NOT anonymous, parents would think more carefully about what they put.

I will be sending out a note to all parents addressing a few specific comments, e.g. 'why don't you open at 9.15 so we can get away by 9.30'. Well ... there's the small matter of being a full packaway setting and having to set up 6 areas inside and outside and a bunch of parents who NEVER think to offer to help!!

It seems to me that parents are becoming more and more fussy, and that it is best to take what they say with a pinch of salt. The more professional we become it seems, the more fussy parents get. It has been suggested to me that if they were NOT anonymous, parents would think more carefully about what they put.

Mine are NOT anonymous! :oxD

I can understand that keeping them anonymous 'frees' people to say whatever they like.....but then, all parents are aware that they can speak to me about any issues and that we have a 'complaints procedure'......hmmm........think I probably need to 'DUCK' now!

Hi

These were anonymous as was done online. However, we are aware of who the parent is as we had to refuse her a couple of sessions last month! She was very stroppy with the committee member who does the bookings.

• 1 month later...

I had to laugh at our latest questionnaires that we received back from our parents, most were absolutely glowing and then there was one who completely nit picked. One of the comments was having an annual or bi-annual review for their child......The reason it made us laugh was because we have annual parents evenings and we do end of term learning journey reviews that the key person's share with the parents. I wouldn't mind if it was a new parent and she wasn't aware of this, but this parent has been with the nursery for about a year and a half!!