Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Mouse Rhyme: Ros Bayley

I attended some training with Ros Bayley a few years ago at which she told a little rhyme that involved a mouse puppet hiding in her hand.

The rhyme may have been a re-worked traditional rhyme, I'm not sure. I am desperate to remember it.

I recently bought her 'Mouse Raps' but the rhyme is not in there, it's short and sweet and simple.

Does anyone know what I am rambling about????? It's driving me crazy !

Thanks x

Wow - what a co-incidence!

I went to the Oxfordshire Early Years Conference last WEEK! and Ros Bayley was one of the speakers! and she did the mouse song.... is it this one?

It was to the tune of 'if you're happy and you know it'

"If you want to see the mouse say we do (we do)

If you want to see the mouse say we do (we do)

If you want to see the mouse, come out his little house

If you want to see the mouse, say we do (we do)

And she was brilliant by the way!

Brilliant ! That's it ! Thanks it has been driving me crazy ! Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Wow - what a co-incidence!

I went to the Oxfordshire Early Years Conference last WEEK! and Ros Bayley was one of the speakers! and she did the mouse song.... is it this one?

It was to the tune of 'if you're happy and you know it'

"If you want to see the mouse say we do (we do)

If you want to see the mouse say we do (we do)

If you want to see the mouse, come out his little house

If you want to see the mouse, say we do (we do)

And she was brilliant by the way!

Brilliant ! That's it ! Thanks it has been driving me crazy ! Thank you, thank you, thank you.

You're welcome...

She also did one to the tune of 'a drunken sailor' with a mole puppet stuck in a toilet tube

I've got a mole who's stuck in a hole

How can we get him out?

Children make a suggestion...

We could pull him we could pull him out, we could pull him out , to help him on his way....

I like that one too, she 's very inspiring isn't she.

I recently bought the Mouse Raps pack as the children are obsessed by mice at the minute, so I am aiming to try and improve their speaking and listening skills through mice :o

I am petrified and the thought of where the children may take this.... mice are not my favourite animal!

Any really creative 'mice' ideas are welcome, anyone who suggests a mouse visit to the setting, this will not be appropriate as I will have to spend the whole week perched on top of an extremely high cupboard !

You're welcome...

She also did one to the tune of 'a drunken sailor' with a mole puppet stuck in a toilet tube

How can we get him out?

Children make a suggestion...

We could pull him we could pull him out, we could pull him out , to help him on his way....

dont know if you have an ikea near you but they have small cheap mice(actually i think they are rats !) they are soft and furry and come in white/grey and black...we have 6 of them and the children are obsessed...i have one little boy who keeps taking them home in his pocket...we've had to start frisking him! :o we have used them for everything. they even invaded the shop corner the other day and we had to call for the pest control!

Oooh have some finger puppet mice but I only have five and needed 10 for a storysack game, been everywhere!

I love a good trip to IKEA during half-term, was planning on going tomorrow anyway for some classroom bits and bobs, clothes pegs, voile and other stuff that I didn't know I needed.

Thank you x

When I was new to the business and trying to adopt some new routines, I used a Maisy Mouse soft toy at circle/mat time to get the children to be quiet and i would talk to it and she would whisper back to me etc. the children responded very well and when everyone was fairly quiet and quite still, I would let Maisie Mouse go round the group but they had to keep calm and quiet or Maisie would get upset and want to come back to me - worked wonders - we don't use Maisie like that anymore - each set of children have modelled the quiet and calm behaviour for each other without the need of Maisie

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)