Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Planning - Individual Children Layout/format

I think you are making it more difficult than it needs to be. Start at the beginning with what you know about the child already from just watching them at play and from comments from home. Make a list "Things James likes and is interested in" and then below that, another list "Things James needs" (which may be something like - to get his hands messy, or opportunities for mark making) Then pull the two lists together in another list "How this informs my planning for James" and list all the activities you can think of to help him achieve the goals you have set. Make mini observations of the activities and how he reacts to them and any further steps that could be used to enhance the learning - and that's planning for that individual child - in it's basic form

I think I am making it more difficult than it needs to be for myself for def.

(I should mention that we also do obs which go in to the child's learning journey, and we now have a summary form which we fill in for each area of learning, which details the child's interests in each area, and what we are planning to provide or do to further the child'slearning and development. We have only just started these but they are really helpful to focuss the mind on the individual child. We plan to do these twice a year. We then have an informal meeting with the parents who take this home along with the folder, and add any comments/photos/ideas etc and bring it back - hopefuly!)

I think the reason I am stressing is transferring everything over into the assessment part of things. I have no idea where to start with this at all

I think I am making it more difficult than it needs to be for myself for def.

I think the reason I am stressing is transferring everything over into the assessment part of things. I have no idea where to start with this at all

So start with the simple stuff, as I described. I think you'll find it simpler than you think - start with just one child next week and play with some of the knowledge you already have about the child

So start with the simple stuff, as I described. I think you'll find it simpler than you think - start with just one child next week and play with some of the knowledge you already have about the child

This is exactly what I did this morning and though didn't have evidence for all the ones I ticked off I went with my gut instinct on it.

And have just stumbled across the EYFS tracker 0 to 60 months on the pedagogs site and ohhhh i love them but can devise a similar sheet myself on here.

Just wish I could master stickers so I print them onto sheets and make my life so much easier but can master it :o grrrr

Stickers are simple too! how many per sheet? Are you using Microsoft Word? If you can't find the 'wizard' template for stickers, just use a table and take away the lines. Can send you blank sticker sheet for 21 to a page (the size I use mostly) if you want

Here's my Key Person sheet I was trying to explain earlier on - I've uploaded it before

Key_Person_Observation_Notes_Cait.doc

Edited by Cait

Stickers are simple too! how many per sheet? Are you using Microsoft Word? If you can't find the 'wizard' template for stickers, just use a table and take away the lines. Can send you blank sticker sheet for 21 to a page (the size I use mostly) if you want

Here's my Key Person sheet I was trying to explain earlier on - I've uploaded it before

Got a feeling they are 21 to a sheet but need to find them first

Here's some I did this week. The first page I've left so you can see where the borders of the stickers are - but obviously you'll need to get rid of the lines before you print them - Like I've done on the second page. It's just like using a table, if you are familiar with those

wish_labels.doc

Here's some I did this week. The first page I've left so you can see where the borders of the stickers are - but obviously you'll need to get rid of the lines before you print them - Like I've done on the second page. It's just like using a table, if you are familiar with those

Thank you very much

if its any help i can try and explain mine...!

i split mine (for the sake of the staffs sanity) when i first put it in place and thought of it in terms of formative and summative assessment.

the summative assessment for us is a booklet of development matters(very similar to tackers type) these are than supplemented with initial info from parents/obs from staff/photos /products etc to produce a sort of learning journey.It is not a tick list but each statement has info on why we think the child has achieved it (we also have profile points in this as i have some reception age children with me)

the formative assessment is what i base my planning on. so each fortnight (we have 41 children in total some who come 5 hours up to 15...so needs to be flexible)we do a next steps sheet for each child (needs can do's responses and interests) i then do a summary sheet and start to plan some ideas and activities and plot them on the daily sheets with suggested children...so if amy is interested in cutting then a cutting activity will be out or if oscar wants to play with dinosaurs then that will be planned for...sometimes these can be combined to do dinosaur cutting!(bad example but....!) this planning is done daily and is VERY flexible nothing is written in stone...i would try to attach examples but im not sure my it skills are up to it...wheres a 3 year old when you need one :o

Wish I was as clever as you! :o

was it the development matters statements that you wanted on the stickers? i can try and attach the ones ive made if they are any use, they are on microsoft publisher, and 21 stickers per sheet.

Ali x

It was the development matters I was after Ali. That would be very much appreciated as so far haven't even worked my way through PSED lol

Not sure if this is what your after? Every key person uses this format as a working document throughout the term to asses next steps, plan how these will be met and include parent/agency input!

Hi - I am having problems opening a lot of the attachments on forums....this is the message that I get...

"word cannot start the convertor mswrd632"

Some file open fine so I am a bit confused....am using windows XP

can anyone help?

Thanks

Have answered my own question....need to use VISTA!!!

Edited by Guest

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)