Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Children's Experiences Of The EYFS

Helen

A new document entitled "Children's Experiences of the EYFS" is available here

"This project aimed to gather examples of children’s perspectives on their experiences in a range of early years settings, and to consider what these perspectives tell us about the effectiveness of the EYFS.... In this research, particular consideration was given to play-based learning, outdoor provision and children's participation, linked to the six Areas of Learning in the EYFS1. The findings contribute to an independent review of the EYFS, led by Dame Clare Tickell from September 2010."

I had a brief read of this last week and was encouraged to see how much the children focused on creativity either in the form of art or role play. I hope its widely read and used in settings.

I enjoyed reading about how children in childminding settings have such a wide range of experiences, and how they formed a strong attachment - on little girl gave her childminder a great big hug and said "I love you". Also childminded children saw the childminder as a partner in play far more than children in other settings.

Hi Helen and everyone, I posted a link to this document on Christmas Eve (I expect people had other things on their minds than being on her on xmas eve!!!) on this thread;

http://www.foundation-stage.info/forums/in...c=27821&hl=

don't know how to do a "here" link, but it might be interesting to see what others have already commented about it.

I love it, its so refreshing to receive such praise and best of all "ITS FROM THE CHILDREN", staff at my setting have all had a look and really took a boost from reading it.

BMG

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)