Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Grants

Our playgroup is currently run in a portakabin which is nearing the end of its life. A new portakabin or replacement building will be needed soon. Is anyone able to tell me the best companies to apply for grants? We obviously do not have near enough funds to pay for a replacement building and therefore the only options we have are serious fundraising and possible grants. Your advice is much appreciated. :o

Guest colechin

We put an application in with our local County Council in Dec 09. We were awarded the grant of £150k in early Feb '10 and during the summer holidays we had a new portakabin put in place. Its was called a large captial grant.

Maybe you should contact your local county council to see if they have this grant in operation at the moment.

We put an application in with our local County Council in Dec 09. We were awarded the grant of £150k in early Feb '10 and during the summer holidays we had a new portakabin put in place. Its was called a large captial grant.

Maybe you should contact your local county council to see if they have this grant in operation at the moment.

Thanks for your help, I will contact the council tomorrow....

national lottery?

Yes, I am just looking online at National Lottery but they do not seem to have awarded many charities since 2009. It may be worth a try though.

do you know roughly how much you are looking for? (it makes a difference as to where i would suggest going!)

i would say £250,000 approx. for a new small environment friendly wooden building as we have no foundations and apparently that's what costs the money.

you might find lottery funding difficult for that amount at present (130/140K about their limit at the mo) try looking up your local voluntary action website they should have a funding finder on their site which will set you in the right direction to find funding from all sorts of sources...you can of course collect from lots of different pots of money and at the moment that is a high probability!

you might find lottery funding difficult for that amount at present (130/140K about their limit at the mo) try looking up your local voluntary action website they should have a funding finder on their site which will set you in the right direction to find funding from all sorts of sources...you can of course collect from lots of different pots of money and at the moment that is a high probability!

Thank you, very helpful. I will have a go....

Hi - understand completely your dilemma - we have just had a new building installed - can highly recommend the company who supplied and installed - although it is 2nd hand it has been completely refurbished and refitted with all

the bits we needed - ie little toilets etc, Our total cost has been £50,000 which is a lot less than you are looking it. We raised the money through 'Pamper Nights', fetes, raffles etc and writing to local businesses. We were lucky to

get £10,000 from Capital funding but only after a real fight. If I can be of any help at all - I am now an expert on planning applications, building regs etc etc just get in touch.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi - understand completely your dilemma - we have just had a new building installed - can highly recommend the company who supplied and installed - although it is 2nd hand it has been completely refurbished and refitted with all

the bits we needed - ie little toilets etc, Our total cost has been £50,000 which is a lot less than you are looking it. We raised the money through 'Pamper Nights', fetes, raffles etc and writing to local businesses. We were lucky to

get £10,000 from Capital funding but only after a real fight. If I can be of any help at all - I am now an expert on planning applications, building regs etc etc just get in touch.

Hi, thank you so much for the feedback. It is gives us hope that we may be able to achieve this! Could you let me know which company you used. Is your building brick built, wooden, porta-kabin? Look forward to hearing from you. Kind Regards.

Hi, thank you so much for the feedback. It is gives us hope that we may be able to achieve this! Could you let me know which company you used. Is your building brick built, wooden, porta-kabin? Look forward to hearing from you. Kind Regards.

We used DP Modular Space Ltd Tel: 01469 541225 . Mob: 07990576428 . Fax 01469 541179 Email: modspace15@yahoo.co.uk . Web: www.dpmodular.co.uk

- - they are based in Lincolnshire but supply all around the country - ours is a 2nd hand

modular building so we could have the size we wanted - we opted for 5 bays and it is massive compared to the village hall we currently use. Paul who owns the company is really good and very approachable.

It has been totally refurbished about the only original feature are the walls!! - all plumbing electrics, etc are new.

you are more than welcome to come and see ours - and if you contact Paul mention my name.

Good luck

Helen Hope

We used DP Modular Space Ltd Tel: 01469 541225 . Mob: 07990576428 . Fax 01469 541179 Email: modspace15@yahoo.co.uk . Web: www.dpmodular.co.uk

- - they are based in Lincolnshire but supply all around the country - ours is a 2nd hand

modular building so we could have the size we wanted - we opted for 5 bays and it is massive compared to the village hall we currently use. Paul who owns the company is really good and very approachable.

It has been totally refurbished about the only original feature are the walls!! - all plumbing electrics, etc are new.

you are more than welcome to come and see ours - and if you contact Paul mention my name.

Good luck

Helen Hope

Thank you so much, you have been so helpful. I will first have a look at the website and print all these details for the committee to consider. I will let you know how it goes.... :o