Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Snow Yet?

Panders

about three inches when I awoke this morning - and NO gritting!! Why don't they heed warnings?

Sorry to be a killjoy, but I really don't like snow....... last year I fell and broke my foot - then got a snotty letter for having excessive time off sick (6 days, which Directors insisted on) !!

we ve had snow for a few days here in Northumberland and now have about 10 inches though not as much as some in the area , and its coming down thick and fast this morning .

Looks like a day off for me as the early morning mindee s dad texted to say he been told not to go in to work and school is closed,i dont think others will travel .

Most local schools are shut but council website has crashed with it being so busy so cant check latest .

I live at the top of a hill and its impassable just now ,but will have to brave it later on foot as I need milk and bread ,but for now its a cupa and breakfast tv

Bright sunny and very cold here in Lewes, East Sussex but no snow pleased to say (yes I know I am grumpy but I don't like it !!!!!)

It has been cold since last week.....on Wednesday I took a perfect disc of ice off the bird tables water bowl and chucked it on the lawn.....it is still there this morning, the temperature hasn't risen enough to melt it. I go out each morning in my dressing gown with a hot kettle and top up the water so they have fresh unfrozen stuff. Yesterday afternoon when the water must have been cold I was amazed to watch a bird having a bath...must be mad!

Take care one and all

Nothing here since Friday night, but its so cold its still lying there. Hope to goodness it doesnt snow more, it wouldnt matter except I have to get my father-in-laws meals and shopping etc to him and he's 2 miles away up and down couple of hills. Last year was terrible.

:wacko: Won't they chew it?! :oxD:(

No snow yet in my particular corner of sunny Kent - but it is sooooooo cold - brrrrrr! :(

I've heard they love rubber, but mine arent quite normal for ferrets so I doubt they will. Still wrap it up though so they arent tempted. :(

I've heard they love rubber, but mine arent quite normal for ferrets so I doubt they will. Still wrap it up though so they arent tempted. xD

Phew! That's a relief! :(

Snow on and off yesterday and today - but thankfully hasn't settled! :(

I might have to take out a mortgage for my heating bills - it's soooooo cold - I don't do cold! :(:o

It's times like this I wish I had a log fire again. I am so static, no one dares to come near me! Got an enormous shock which temporarily paralysed my wrist last night when I touched my laptop mouse pad.

I'm after woollen jumpers - I wear too much acrylic. Having immense trouble finding some though that either don't make me look like a pensioner (apologies to any pensioners reading this) or a fisherman (ditto).

I find it hard to find anything ion natural materials these days... everything seems to be acrylic or viscose... both of which I find make me static too.. and too hot as well! ( must admit those hot flushes to keep you warm!)

Inge

Its snowing heavy up here. The buses are struggling to get moving on the main road!

Looks like its here for the day. Soo pleased to be at home in the warmth, shame my ear is hurting even with the central heating and the fire on!

Loads of the white stuff now! xD About 4 inches now and still snowing hard.......

We opened this morning - but I'm thinking about making tomorrow a 'snow day'.......hmmmm...that's me thinking - have to stop that it hurts! :(:o

Its our day off today in any case, but the toddler group cannot get in for their session today and they set up on a tuesday afternoon - sooooo, I don't suppose we will be open tomorrow in any event, because all of their stuff will still be out.

Must gather thoughts and ring round.

Well its still snowing here in Northumberland we ve got over 12 inches now and its showing no signs of stopping .Have had no minded ones so far this week as they re all snowed in and would struggle to get up my hill even if they did get out from home .most local schools are shut though a couple of die hard head teachers have opened but even the high school closed at lunchtime today it was so bad.

Have been trying to do some paperwork and some online training but the novelty soon wore off!! think its time for tea and tv !!

We opened today 12 out of 28 turned up ALL WET spent morning drying their clothes its so deep would lose a child in our garden!

Had a good session though great ratios, all local schools are closed and looks like will be tomorow there nothing we can do about it but wish it was Christmas a nice white Christmas haven't seen one for years :o

Second day that I can't get into school (Travel from Rotherham to Sheffield). 10 inches fell last night on top of what had fallen Monday night and during the day yeaterday and its just started again, very dark outside. Nursery Xmas tomorrow but somehow dont think it will go ahead.

Only a sprinkling here, a centimetre or two.

Went into school yesterday with a brush and spade to clear my children's playground after taking on the school manager and her bloomin' 'health and safety' nonsense (well, going over her head really to the head teacher who was perfectly delighted to take me up on my offer).

Have (hopefully) got a gang of parents turning up this morning as we will have to redo it. No closures yet though for either school or preschool.

Some lovely animal footprints in the snow this morning!