Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Dinosaur Planning

I'm doing Harry and his Dinosaurs go to school but am stuck what to do for my CLL carpet sessions on this book other than just the children listening to the story. Feeling abit stuck on my children's outcomes. Any help would be appreciated.

Golly there's loads!!! You could make dinosaur footprints in dough or make your own fossil footprints in clay. You could use paint. Then from that you can compare sizes, sort and match by type, colour etc PRSN SSM, PD EI

You can put the dinosaurs in the water afterwards and wash them so lots of chat here for PSE

You can find out about dinosaurs - have a learning wall for that so lots of KUW and CLL

Music and movement - moving like dinosaurs, role play, lots of PD

Spot the difference sheets and colouring for those who like those sort of things

Paintings of their favourite dinosaurs

Have I set your ball rolling?

One of the children found a large egg shaped rock and we told the children it was a dino egg.

They had to look after it, keep it warm, think about food for when it hatched etc

They had to make it feel welcome so they wrote to it and sang to it etc.

Then one weekend the baby popped out of the dinosaur egg and wrote a letter to the children to say he was sorry he couldn't stay but he did leave them lovely dinosaur toys in his place......

Hi jinxit and welcome to the Forum!

What sort of activities do you normally do in your carpet sessions? Knowing that might help us to help you be a bit creative!

Maz

Hi everyone thanks for the ideas and welcoming me to forum.

Everyday we do a carpet session for PSRN, CLL and Letters and Sounds. Ive come up with activities this week during carpet time for PSRN using positional language-going on a dinosaur hunt etc but for my CLL im finding it hard to plan. I can come up with independent activities, enhancements for the classroom etc but for that specific carpet time other than reading a story using props I'm a abit stumped. Was told that I had to keep carpet times 20% teacher led, 80% children. Im feeling really dumb!

Could you do something like a friend web? Harry's friends are the dinosaurs and he knows all their names, could children roll a ball of string to their friend across the circle, saying their name and make a sort of spider web?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)