Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Trustee Liability Insurance

Hi all

On committee of out of school club and was asked by by supervisor at pre-school if we had this as we need it! We are with Micahel Morton and I think only the bog standard OOSC policy but i have got the treaurere to check.

Do you have this?

Who is it with?

Im thinking we need one that not only protects the trustees from finance stuff but also lots of other things to eg staff

Any recommendations??

Thanks

I cant remember what ours says, its one of those things that I havent got round to checking...but, the Charity Commission web site says you would have to be in severe breach of the rules for any action to be taken against you should things go pear shaped. As long as you acted in good faith and tried your best it isnt necessary to have, so I'm not in any rush to check.

Actions against trustees are made very, very seldomly.

Ths might be useful

Scroll down to part 3 for information on TLI

Hi, we have this, the main reason you need it is to cover trustees in the event that the preschool owed money. Without it, the trustees are liable for any financial shortfall!

They really do ask a lot of us, don't they? :o

Hi, we have this, the main reason you need it is to cover trustees in the event that the preschool owed money. Without it, the trustees are liable for any financial shortfall!

They really do ask a lot of us, don't they? :o

The trustees of our village pre-school are in exactly this situation as it has just closed and there are insufficient funds to cover the redundancy payments.

How awful for them!

Have they spoken to ACAS or their insurers for advice?

When I wrote our reserves policy last year I was horrified at how high our reserve had to be to cover this (we were fine, we had enough luckily). What you find with a lot of locally run preschools is they are staffed by people who have been there for years and who would require a large redundancy payment if they closed.

Hi

Thanks guys..oosc is ok financially and has reserves too but think we should just get into the habit of getting this insurance for future committees. :o

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)