Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

The Nature Of Education

I've just been given this link to a You Tube video which is a wide ranging discussion about how we educate our children and young people. It is 11 minutes long but I found it fascinating! Wonder what you'll make of it?

You can find it

I particularly liked the ADHD map of the USA!

Maz

Amazing, insightful, inspiring, thought provoking....thank you for sharing...please post stuff like this when you find it - absolutely miss this kind of information sharing that I got at University...wonderful stuff.... thanks Maz

Food for thought....I love the divergent thinking bit...so true and that study at the end ...WOW....what are we doing to the children putting through the education system.. :o

Thought I would share a lecturers view - I asked him what he thought as I find him so inspirational but know he questions everything - this is his reply:

"Our Ken's the brilliant speaker - still doesn't tell me what IS of 'value' or how the 'economy' works or whether education should in fact move away from its attachment to 'capitalism' though. Evasive for me. But I did love his pictures - the presentation itself is good !"

An interesting viewpoint, shirel. Do you think that if the presentation gave the answers to those questions then he'd be falling into his own trap of delivering the one 'right' answer? xD

I think the presentation is designed to make the viewer think about the isues raised and come up with their own ideas and conclusions! :o

Maz

Yes probably Maz, he is an amazing man to listen to...he literally pulls apart everything and when you are in a lecture with him you have to stay so focussed or you - well I would completely lose the thread of conversation...but inspiring in the way he has made me think so deeply...I really do miss that feeling of leaving a lecture with those thoughts invading my brain... still done the staff appraisals today thats enough to explode my brain! (please see new thread coming soon..... :o:(xD )

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)