Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Schema Boxes?

Hi all,

I'm currently studying for EYPS and am looking at schemas for my toddler task. I have produced a leaflet on schemas for staff/parents, and have done a little staff training so that staff can recognise children's schemas. I have introduced a section on schemas and learning dispositions into our parent evening child summative assessments to enable parents to let us know about their childs current schemas and for us to let them know.

I was thinking of reorganising our heuristic play boxes so that they reflect a few different (more popular) schemas - my thinking behind it, is when we see a child with a more popular schema then we can quickly access the resources. However, i'm not sure...and i'm hoping I could get some advise.

Our heuristic play boxes are accessible but are not used by the children unless we put them out for heuristic play (which is fine because they're not meant to)but there are some lovely resources in there and I wonder if children with schemas might benefit from accessing the natural materials and use the boxes more if they were organised schematically?

What do you think? Has anyone done anything similar? How do you provide schematic resources for your children? Do you think i should just do this and use it as evidence for or against?

Thanks

S

Please help, i've attached my schema leaflet too.

Hi, just off out in a minute but just wanted to send a quick reply to say ....

I thnk your leaflet is fabulous!! (can I use it in my setting? :o )

I am very interested in schemas and need to do lots of reading about it! I think the boxes would be great.

Must dash but good luck!

your leaflet is fab - well done - as Cait said try doing one box first along with Caits suggestion you could have a box with cartons and a ball in, some cars or trains in another, sheets of material = its endless really :o

• 4 months later...
Guest lucyevans
your leaflet is fab - well done - as Cait said try doing one box first along with Caits suggestion you could have a box with cartons and a ball in, some cars or trains in another, sheets of material = its endless really :o

The leaflet is excellent - you've inspired me to create something similar with photos of my minded children.

Thank you :-)

Lucy

www.lucy-locket.com

• 2 weeks later...
Guest jane707

I have a series of information sheets for parents on a variety of subjects including commonly spotted schemas.

When a child displays a schema I print the information sheet off and give it to the parents so they can support the child with activity ideas at home.

Some mornings I put little baskets together for some of the children containing their favourite toys of the moment - I suppose those are like your schema boxes idea.

I don't have storage for lots of boxes, but have lists of ideas and can quickly gather things together.

:o

• 6 months later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)