Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Graduation

Sue R

Hi all,

Yesterday I went to Manchester Bridgwater Hall for my Graduation - what a day!! Apart from the abysmal weather, it was wonderful to see some familiar faces from across the courses and make new friends as we shared pins and horror stories!

The Open University organised a great day and really made us all feel very special, emphasising the celebratory aspects, not the solemnity of the occasion, with the result it was an ebullient and joyful event.

To those of you who have been there at your own Graduation in any institution, it's a privilege to join your company! To those who are still on the journey - stick with it, it is SOOO worth it!!

And of course, thank you to all you lovely Forum folk for the encouragement and support I've received over the last three years. I honestly can't begin to express how important it has been to me - I'm sure others would agree. Now it's my turn to do some supporting!

Sue :oxD

Fantastic :oxD so pleased you had a great day :(

I really believe it is one of those occasions that you have to experience to truly understand quite what a wonderful day it is. That 'walking across the stage' feeling is something I can't quite put into words - all those stressful times, late nights to complete assignments etc etc pale into insignificance!

Hope you celebrated in style.

Hope you celebrated in style.

Funny you should say that, Geraldine!

We had a table booked locally but the traffic was SO BAD out of Manchester we had to phone to cancel it from the motorway!

We're going to have the bubbly and a takeaway tonight, then have my parents round tomorrow. We were so tired when we finally got in that a quiet night was much appreciated.

Sue x

Congratulations! And I couldn't agree more; I loved every minute of my graduation ceremony, even cried when the enormity of what I'd achieved hit me!

Once again CONGRATULATIONS!!!! :o

Congratulations!! It is such a wonderful feeling isn't it. I was with a fellow graduate yesterday and we were reflecting on just what we had achieved and agreed that we deserved a big pat on the back. So be sure to celebrate in style you deserve it! :o

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)