Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Apologies And I've Returned

Sorry for not replying sooner to updates and questions about learning walls and feelings trees. My subscription had lapsed and I've just returned to 28 pages to catch up on. The passed year has been extremely difficult both work and home wise. I posted last August I was not looking forward to a new working partner and all my worries and much, much more happened. It really felt that 30 years of hard work and good practise has been wiped out and replaced with ...nothing. Consequently my enthusiasm and job satisfaction were zero and I felt invisable. I did not renew when my subscription lapse as I had no need of new ideas as I was not allow to use them and it was flustrating reading what I feel should be happening.

Home wise my youngest daughters asthma was spiraling out of control and my elder daughter has struggled with mental health issues that came to a head this summer with her GSCE's.My dad was confirmed with Parkinsons which is rapidly effecting his mobility.The asthma has been helped by a stay in Swiss mountian air with her scout troup and my eldest starts 16 form tomorrow after 5A,3B,2C and 3D is her exam which is wonderful considering where she was at the time.Fingers crossed things stay that way.Husband and eldest have also both torn cartlige in their knees so both are on crutches awaiting OP's :o

A big plus in my life is the arrival of our second border terrier Lottie half sister to Archie whos now 18 months.She's my naughty little girl and loves her mummy!

After a summer away from all things school related i'm spending today reading up and sorting out mind and body to return to tomorrow. I will be working in a reception class with 2 part-time teachers I have worked may years with who know and recognise my strengths and experience so that a positive start. I will be covering and planning for 1 full day PPA-a morning on numracy with an aim to deliver it in a creative and play based way so will be looking for ideas and an afternoon topic based. as usual I will be last minute planning to go with the childrens current ideas with a few of my own to fall back on. This week because i don't know the children yet I'm planning my numracy to be on 'buttons' and topic which is roughly a getting to know you half term on 'names' including learning 'My name is Joe and I work in a button factory'

best foot forward as say....

PS-someone e-mailed asking where the feelings tree was from and I couldn't reply because I wasn't a member but it was from Mindstretchers-ours is purple

feelings tree

The person who asked me about learning walls-I'm afraid they no longer happen in nursery xD

Edited by Guest

Welcome back biccy I'm so pleased to see you here again. I did wonder where you had gone to.

I'm really sorry to hear about the difficult time you have been having, but know that your cheerful, positive nature will see you through. This year should be much better for you as you are working with people who appreciate your knowledge and talents. Enjoy your time in reception.

Love and hugs

Jacquiex

It wasn't such a good start this morning :o OH left first to find the car had been broken into and guess who left her new black handbag in the doorwell when she came back from Tesco's yesterday! Last time I buy a conservative handbag! going back to loud garish ones at least I can see them. Taken £35 in notes and 3 cards-on a positive I'd left business credit card and my camera in the house, they broke the lock on the glove box but OH had brought the SAT nav in the house and they missed 2 credit cards hidden behind a library card and my ikea family card. The police were concerned if they had my driving licence but they had discarded it as its one of the old pink and green paper ones in grotty plastic wallet. Police don't think they knew what it was! Neighbours found a bin (not theirs)had been emptied on their back lawn where they have a security light. Police think they were looking through for personal information so looks like they had some elses cards too as we've not had pitta bread!

Late for work cancelling cards etc-hey ho

It never rains but it pours. Seems like sometimes you just get these periods when nothing goes well. xD

Good luck with your invalids, when my dad did his achilles in I taught him how to make a cup of tea on crutches,

Oh has an MMR scan on Wednesday to see whats going on inside. I'd love a peek as I've been trying to find out whats going on inside him for 23 years!

I did have a funny and embarassing moment in my new classroom today xD . This morning 10 reception class starters- 8 girls setting up a home corner with me.When we had sort out a selection of items I asked them if there was anything else they would like? teatowel, table cloth and a phone to ring for a pizza! It just so happen I'd spotted a phone with a cord wrapped around on a display table with some boxes of ...tat! Thinking the cord was too dangerous for free play I cut it off with a pair of scissors.

This afternoon with no children we had a workman up a ladder lifting ceiling tiles and constantly getting in the way. :(

"ok thats the line fixed wheres the phone?" If no-one tells you they are putting in an extention line to the main office surely a telephone liying around is just asking for the cord cutting off (I didn't know you just unplug the cord!) and for a small group of girls to spend the morning ordering takeaways :(

The gasp I made was audible when I instantly realised where it was. Luckily the office manager says she will forgive me if I bake a batch of muffins for her :o