Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Seasons' Song

Hi all

this is my first post, though I have followed various threads with interest for a while.

I was wondering if anyone knows a song about the seasons. I find that the children I work with have difficulty remembering what we have learnt about the seasons - even my most able child looked blank when in summer I tried to recap the other seasons, and she has been with me for 5 terms! We are in an 'area of social deprivtion' and have a high precentage of special educational needs, but even so, I was disappointed. I find songs or rhymes are a good way to recall that sort of information - so ... Anyone know one?

Thanks,

Cjules

Congratulations on your first post!

I've had a look and found these, which sound quite good, although I haven't sung them with my group - I now intend to! xD:o:(

Winter, Spring, Summer, Fall

(to the tune of "This Old Man")

Winter, Spring, Summer, Autumn

There are seasons, four in Fall .

Weather changes, sun and rain and snow,

Leaves fall down and flowers grow.

Winter, Spring, Summer, Fall

There are seasons, four in all.

Look outside and you will see

Just what season it will be!

would need to adjust a bit because it is obvioulsy American!

Seasons of the Year

(to the tune of "Here We Go Round the Mulberry Bush")

CHORUS:

Here we go round the year again,

The year again, the year again.

Here we go round the year again,

To greet the different seasons.

Wintertime is time for snow.

To the south, the birds will go.

It's too cold for plants to grow

Because it is the winter.

CHORUS

In the springtime, days grow warm.

On the plants, the new buds form.

Bees and bugs come out to swarm

Because it is the spring.

CHORUS

In summertime, the days are hot.

Ice cold drinks I drink a lot!

At the beach, I've got a spot

Because it is the summer.

CHORUS

Autumn is here, the air is cool.

Days are short, it's back to school.

Raking leaves is now the rule

Because it is autumn.

I REALLY LIKE THIS ONE!

I like that one too - because you can move the verses about, depending on what season it is! Or even just sing the verse and a chorus during one season to 'imprint' it more fully in their minds, and change to the next verse when the season changes

there's some on here too

Edited by Cait

Thanks for those suggestions - i like the seasons of the year one though I suspect it will be too difficult for my new intake - will be able to tell by half term.

It is wonderful to have this forum to exchange ideas - we are so busy with the 3 hours sessions (started last Sept), that we don't have time to talk to each other!

cjules

Have you come across Nikki Davis? She has some fantastic song books for Early Years. She has her own website, but books also on Amazon. We have 'Time to fly' by her with lots of lovely Autumn/Harvest songs in it, comes with fab CD. My class last year adored 'Big Red Combine Harvester' from there and asked to sing it all year! It also has a lovely 'Hello' song on it which we sing each morning. She also does other books which cover different seasons. Not sure if this is exactly what you're looking for though, I don't know any that cover all 4 seasons.

Kathryn

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)