Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

You Know Your A Nursery Nurse When.......

your knees get really sore from playing on the floor all day.

when out shopping, always lookin out for things to buy for nursery.

when you joined in with the children picking the glue of my fingers with great satisfaction

when you say 'get down', 'thats not kind', 'its time to tidy up' all day long

when walking home from work singing songs to yourselve like wheels on the us'.

i like this topic, it made me laugh and its all so true

Brilliant!

you get annoyed when other adults refer to children as 'kids'...

DEFINITELY with you on this one! I find it intensely annoying and have been known to phone radio stations to ask them not to do it! Jimmy Young once read my comment out on the air! :o

DEFINITELY with you on this one! I find it intensely annoying and have been known to phone radio stations to ask them not to do it! Jimmy Young once read my comment out on the air! :o

Seconded or maybe third ed! All I can think of his baby goats every time I hear it xD

Got to add this one - being in Tesco and suddenly hearing a parent in the next aisle say "Stop it 'Tommy', Mrs xxxxx is in here and she'll hear you!" then "Do you want me to call her over!!??"

it just happened!

even more annoying when a 4 year old tells you she has invited 14 kids to her birthday party!

I don't know if this is a regional thing but I'm always saying kids and teachers I know, who are excellent and nearly double my age, refer to them as kids as well. Nearly everyone I know in education does it, or at least enough for it not to stand out when anyone does it no matter what their age or gender. Maybe I shouldn't be admitting to this though, given the prevailling opinion in the thread... :o

EDIT: Would sound strange if child did it though, and considering they follow the adults around them I'm amazed that actually I've never heard this. I wouldn't refer to children as kids though when talking to them so perhaps that's why.

Edited by Guest

you look at the shoes in the shoe shop and know who at Nursery has a pair like that, or who is most likely to own that pair.

at home you offer your own children a wet paper towel when they hurt themselves

when you are out shopping and a child falls over you stop what you are doing and go to help them ( thhis happened to me yesterday fortunately mum was not far behind and i remembered in time that i was not working, had i hav been in my village it would not hav been as bad cos theres a 99% chance they would hav been mine

when asked the day of the week by anyone you burst in to song

your son lends you his cd player so he does not have to listen to your nativity cd

your husband worries if you are broody when you get the nursery dolls bac from an elderly neighbour and they are beautifully kitted out in knitted outfits and you hav to show them to everyone and keep lookin at them

this is great!

when on a night out with a group of friends you try to hold thier hands crossing a road! also keep doing head counts in your head to ensure everyone is there!

always seem to be in charge when the girls go out from work as they are used to me taking the lead!

getting stange looks from children who have left when you say hello then thier name as they dont have a clue who you are!

you mention all the animals you pass on car journeys even though you now have 2 teenagers or in a car with adults

your friends always say they wish they could work part time like you because they think we only do 9-12 not 8-4!

have to keep apologising to husband as all his tools extension leads etc are at work when he needs them

getting told i didnt reconise you your not wearing red! it is our uniform colour and i never whear it anywhere else!!

having a car boot full of useful things, tools, paperwork and having no room to put the shopping in it.

having to return in holiday time to raid the cupboard for items which seem to have migrated there from home... ( in my case sons mallet for his tent pegs.. thinking about it its still there and I left 18 month ago now!)

Inge

• 2 weeks later...

Or when you go on holiday to a seaside resort in the UK and come back with a boot full of buckets/spades (so much nicer than the educational catalougue ones I find ) baskets of shells ( cheap as chips in Somerset), and windmills in eevery shape and size ! :o

When you go shopping with your 18 year old daughter and end up with 5 little duck finger puppets and 5 green frog finger puppets which you then make her model over lunch in the restaurant so that you can send a photo to your deputy who is as sad as you are :o

• 2 weeks later...

when you put on a hooded top and your husband says, why is there red pen all the way up the back?

and you remember who did it and how you forgot to add stain remover to the wash!