Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Children's Long Handled Gardening Tools

Deb

Hi

We bought some Yeominis telescopic gardening tools, such as the rake and the spade, from The Consortium. Unfortunately 3 of the 4 long metal shafts have sheared in two over a few months.

The Consortium have refunded our money but can anybody recommend tools that have stood the test of time? We have a large outdoor sandpit and a digging area.

By the way, the garden project has finished now to very high praise indeed from our early years consultant for outdoors. It has been a long hard year, what with this and starting a new job as manager (hence not coming on here as much), but the children get so much more out of the outdoor area now.

Hi, what you need is the 'gardener's apprentice' range from Joseph Bentley, which are PROPER versions of adult tools and which come with a 10 year guarantee. I have them for my children to use on the allotment and they are absolutely lovely, worth every penny.

Joseph Bentley is excellent - I would have thought that most manufacturers would say that gardening tools aren't suitable for preschoolers anyway wouldn't they? As a safety measure - good old H&S

quick edit - have you checked amazon and ebay?

Edited by Cait

We have a set that I picked up a couple of years back from Aldi - and they are still going strong,wooden handles with metal tools, I have just ordered another set the same (rake/fork/spade/broom and hoe) with some of the Sainsburys vouchers we collected. :o

Guest pamgreen

We use a make called bulldog if you google bulldog you will find suppliers. They are very hard wearing they are brilliant.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)