Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Last Week Of Term

Hi all!

We are nearly there! I just wanted to know what everybody was doing in their nurseries during the last week of term. Any specific activities?

we have a graduation party planned for this week with a magician/balloon modeller coming in.Our first time with an entertainer, but I have seent his chap loads of times and he's wonderful.

We don't close for summer, we run a holiday club and as I am WAY behind with all my BA (Hons) essays, due to illness, i have to go like the clappers to get them finished in the next three weeks!! oh my aching head! TBH, I am feeling completely worn out and frazzled, turns to tears a lot at home, need to get this work finished,as I am signed up for EYPS this autumn too.Feel like giving up, but can't...............have come too far to quit now! :oxD:(

apart from a party/BBQ on thursday with two bouncy castles and me dressed up as a queen! we have three stay and play days for the parents -messy monday, tasty tuesday and wacky wednesday - themed activities for the three days.....is that enough do you think :o:(xD

No plans written down, no observations to do just playing with the children....games....parties....and goodbyes to some..... :oxD

Well I've turned out my beautiful basket of very exotic shells, all shapes and sizes. There's a big piece of shimmery material too and I usually put them in the tuff spot for the children to explore....

Also, have you seen this australian website? http://www.playbasedlearning.com.au/

They've got an idea on their site for making permanent sandcastles using cornflour and something called 'alum' which I think I can possibly get in Sainsbury's. Anyone else bought it before?

I really love that website! It quite makes me wish I wasn't leaving on the last day of term. Where am I going to try out all their fab ideas????

We have everyone staying and trying out cooked lunch or packed lunch in the hall on Tuesday (we usually have packed lunch in nursery)

Party day on Thursday with a magician!

In between I have a shed to empty and clean and organise (a huge brick built one) and three areas to sort and empty ready for the decorators!!!!!!!

Roll on FRiday is all I can say.....................

Then

I can get on with my research project!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! O yes the excitement never ends!!!

I'm not nursery but have 3 minded children moving up from Nursery to Reception and having 'PARTY' on Wednesday! Dress up as they like (couldn't decide on theme), filling the sand tray with strawberry jelly and plastic dinosaurs (I can do a bit more mess than you can I expect), Balloons and streamers, Party Games, Noisy Music, Party Food for lunch - sausages, sandwiches, hommus and crudities, little cakes and orange jelly, juice! Also celebrating Birthdays for those having theirs in the Hols. Singing the 'Moving Up' song someone kindly put on here a few weeks back.

Then we're going to do it all again for the After School children. Feeling sick already!

Guest Spiral

We're washing and claening everything with the kids, they love it - we have a car wash, resturant washing up area and small world cleaning area.

I completely empathise with Narnia, I'm behind too and YOU CAN'T GIVE UP! You've come too far and just need a day or two off maybe to stay at home, rest and then go back with fresh thoughts? I had to do that last term and it worked a treat,

Spiral x

Where can I find that?

Serching for things isn't my bag, but from memory it goes

Clever Children

Clever Children

Moving Up

Moving Up

We all wish them well

We all wish them well

Moving Up

Moving Up

Tune of Frairer Jaques (spelling?)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)