Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Inspiration Needed

forget child-initiated :o

we need A4 size artwork that is easy, quick but impressive enough to be auctioned at a charity 'do'.

Do you have any ideas PLEASE?

Jackson Pollock?....my class loved doing that!

or whos that artist who does squares and rectangles of colour with black outlines...very effective.

im sure someone will be along with much better ideas though!

lucie xx

Teabag splatting! HUGE fun and really impressive on a wall - if you wanted bigger splats you could bundle a few teabags into muslin rather than just putting one bag in. (Muslin or old fashioned nappy liners - contain the tealeaves if they burst!)

edited to add pendulum painting - that's great fun too!

post-13453-1279300335_thumb.jpg

post-13453-1279300683_thumb.jpg

Edited by Cait

Marble painting - different sized marbles in small shallow dishes of different coloured paint, A4 paper in deep sided trays (IKEA do great plastic transparent ones in their kitchen dept - not sure if A4 though), children use spoon to transfer marbles into tray and move tray around to create art - looks great !

Cait, pics look great - How does pendulum painting work ?

Edited by Guest

so many paint techniques it would be hard to choose..

but for large scale and impressive the splats always looked good.. we used cotton wool balls soaked in paint and dropped from the climbing frame so it made a big splash of colour..

cars or anything with wheels through paint.. have a search for ones with textures on them, duplo was always good..

bubble painting...

string painting.. cover string in paint and put between two pieces of paper with books on top and pull through.. hard to explain but this one can be really impressive with colours and shapes..

salad spinners with paper in bottom and paint in blobs, and spin..

Inge

pendulum one is really simple. We use the easel and put paper underneath, then fasten a small funnel to string - attach in 3 places preferably and fasten the string to the top of the easel from the inside. Put your paper underneath - and newspaper or whatever to protect the floor. Now put your finger under the funnel to block the hole and pour paint in the top, then set it swaying in a circular motion and you get spirograph pictures, we did it with salt first so children got the idea - using the frame from the sandpit - I'll find the pix - brb

here you are

post-13453-1279310771_thumb.jpg

post-13453-1279310787_thumb.jpg

post-13453-1279310806_thumb.jpg

post-13453-1279310829_thumb.jpg

Edited by Cait

Great ideas -thank you.

I think it will either be pendulum painting or hans hoffman. Also love the marble painting but think it may be a little abstract for this.

Time is short for this so I am a little worried about getting pendulum painting right first time.

Do you just use ready-mix paint undiluted?

How big a hole does the funnel have to have?

What is the success rate? If we need 10 saleable products how many do you think we will need to do?

I think this one may need more practise to get right.

Thanks.

Great ideas -thank you.

I think it will either be pendulum painting or hans hoffman. Also love the marble painting but think it may be a little abstract for this.

Time is short for this so I am a little worried about getting pendulum painting right first time.

Do you just use ready-mix paint undiluted? I put a little bit of water in, but that's because I think ours has gone a bit thick anyway

How big a hole does the funnel have to have? half a centimetre - not big - depends on thickness of paint you use - you could use a yoghurt pot with a hole in the bottom and make it a bit bigger if it's too small

What is the success rate? we got 100% If we need 10 saleable products how many do you think we will need to do? just go for it, that's what we did. Once you've got your hole the right size there should be no stopping you!

I think this one may need more practise to get right. yes, have a practice and have fun!

Thanks.

the block painting could be Mondrian - don't know the work of hans hoffman so it could be that he does something similar. Mondrian's are easy to do on the computer too using a paint programme with a paint can pouring effect (sorry not a very good description - don't know how else to describe it!)

Thanks Cait.

I love your handprint animals; I also saw a nice idea where you use animal print card to cut out the body then add head, neck and legs with paint.

Animals might be the way to go as it is for the local African society.

I am really inspired by the pendulum painting but will save it for another time.

Thank you everyone for your help.

I'm glad I added it then! yes, it sounds more appropriate, doesn't it. They were great fun to do, we were going to collage them a bit bit the children wanted to just go with paint, so that's what we did in the end.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)