Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

At Last !

Well ladies - I think after much hard work handing out cards re vacancies - Ive had two in the space of two days !!. First parent came yesterday and to cut to the quick we WOWED them big style. Really pleased as its five half days. Mum is a down to earth scouser (hurrah!!) rather than the 'dont know where you-are-with-them" types that my village is full of bar the few. So I think Ive finally cracked it, and the other parent was one i met months ago and just wants some reprieve from it all for one afternoon a week till September. Latter is due around tomorrow to settle lo; former will be here on Sunday to finalise paperwork and start Monday (settling in ) So feeling rather pleased with myself. Just wish my own lo had had a better day but having had some great advice from a forum friend will take that head on too. Im still astounded at the way some adults behave.... best wishes to you all and I will no doubt be back should I need any other assistance/ or just to (show off somemore ) :o update !!! :)

Well you haven't even had time to sort out those cupboards. Well done you! Keep putting your name about though. Nothing like a bit of competition for places to keep bargain hunters at bay.

Fe

Thanks Fe , I did manage to clear one shelf ( and promptly fill it up again!) - and all of you for your congrats ! Its nice to have entered the positive end of the job, the first new mindee is a little dream but only just walking (his crawling speed has to be seen to be believed) looking forward to all that extra work !! (Nah you know we all love it).

One last q's ( goodness Im at it already !) what do I do with previous mindees stuff ? Ofsted dont rate it as valid if the child isnt here or do they - can it still be used as proof of "doing the job". Another one - what about when kids leave you and take their learning journeys - you retain their obs log but why ? for use as reference or what. cant help thinking of the word "sustainability" which someone mentioned in a recent inspection ( here I go again)..... your comments ladies please!:) I am rather quietly chuffed though - I was quite down for a while....

Guest jane707
Thanks Fe , I did manage to clear one shelf ( and promptly fill it up again!) - and all of you for your congrats ! Its nice to have entered the positive end of the job, the first new mindee is a little dream but only just walking (his crawling speed has to be seen to be believed) looking forward to all that extra work !! (Nah you know we all love it).

One last q's ( goodness Im at it already !) what do I do with previous mindees stuff ? Ofsted dont rate it as valid if the child isnt here or do they - can it still be used as proof of "doing the job". Another one - what about when kids leave you and take their learning journeys - you retain their obs log but why ? for use as reference or what. cant help thinking of the word "sustainability" which someone mentioned in a recent inspection ( here I go again)..... your comments ladies please!:) I am rather quietly chuffed though - I was quite down for a while....

Congratulations!!

With previous mindees paperwork - you keep contracts, attendance records, medication, accident forms etc safe for 21 years and 6 months in case the child decides to sue you as an adult.

Learning journeys, observations etc should go home with the parents to be (hopefully) shared with the next setting. Photos are the property of the parents and should be sent home as well.

:o

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)