Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

New Ofsted Website

Uggh!

What's happened to the Ofsted inspections page?

I was trying to indulge in my favourite pastime of reading other people's inspection reports for top tips.

In the previous system you could view each county and see who was the most recently inspected setting and least recently inspected with date of inspection alongside.

I have phoned Ofsted and send off a complaining email. Feel free to join me!

Disgusted of Tunbridge Wells

I agree the new way of searching for reports is terrible. Am glad it's not just me spending my spare time looking at Ofsted reports!!!

Surely not!!! I do recieve automatic notifications from Ofsted that include recent reports from my LEA, but as I am on a boundary of councils used to also enjoy reading reports from neighbouring boroughs, as they tend to be carried out by the same inspectors.

What ever shall us Ofsted junkies do now?

I just looked. I dont mind it. A few weeks ago I wanted an idea of all the groups nearby, this would have been a great help. I kind of know when settings were inspected so just look at the ones I suspect might be near an inspection.

I was happy with the new look site.

A few weeks ago I wanted an idea of all the groups nearby, this would have been a great help. I kind of know when settings were inspected so just look at the ones I suspect might be near an inspection.

I was happy with the new look site.

I thought the option of putting in your postcode and selecting a mileage radius has always been available. I think it can be useful and perhaps especially for parents looking for settings close to home. It was the additional option of being able to choose from the little blue list along the top that I really miss! I used to click'east' and then essex and hey ho up came a list of settings in order of their inspections with the most recent first - I really hope OFSTED will bring this facility back

Edited by Geraldine

I Have already emailed too asking how to find latest reports .the reply was -:

Thank you for your e-mail.

"In response to your enquiry due to our current changes, the 'Latest Reports' section of the Ofsted Website is currently not available.

When searching for providers within a particular area (using the 'Find providers near your home' section under the type of provider you require) the settings should appear in order of distance from the postcode/area you specify.

Our Web Team are still reviewing the new site and feedback is being given and amendments may still be made. I am sorry for any inconvenience this has caused.

I hope you find this information helpful. However should you require any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact us."

Regards

Karen Roberts

Ofsted - National Business Unit

TEL: 0300 123 1231

I ll be contacting them !!!!!!

I agree the new way of searching for reports is terrible. Am glad it's not just me spending my spare time looking at Ofsted reports!!!

ditto :(xD:o:(

Uggh!

What's happened to the Ofsted inspections page?

I was trying to indulge in my favourite pastime of reading other people's inspection reports for top tips.

In the previous system you could view each county and see who was the most recently inspected setting and least recently inspected with date of inspection alongside.

I have phoned Ofsted and send off a complaining email. Feel free to join me!

Disgusted of Tunbridge Wells

My sentiment as well, terrible site, the old version was really easy. I also look through the site for top tips. Why mend it if it is not broken!!!!

A favoured past time of mine too!! Spoilsports, they just don't want us to have fun lol... Either that or they just trying to unsettle us and nobble us improving according to their trends.

Huh!!

Unless im doing it wrong, it only has schools, preschool, nursery settings available to view!!

Im a registered childminder and cant even find my own report???

Hi Jo34

Go to main ofsted page and click inspection reports (found towards top left of page). Then click the blue box option (called something like early years), then on the next page select childminders from the option box called something like type of provision. you should then be able to search for yourself.

Hope that helps....but PLEASE HOPE THEY BRING BACK THE OLD WEBSITE!!!!!!

ive just recieved a reply:

Dear Ms XXX

Thank you for your email about the new inspection report search on the Ofsted website.

We developed the new search as a result of an independent usability review of the website, which identified searching for inspection reports as a key area for improvement.

The new search aims to make a report for a particular provider easier to find and key features are: a quick search box; separate search pages for the main provider types; a postcode search; a facility to refine your search; and a 'did you mean?' facility for spelling mistakes and the like.

However, from the feedback you and others have given us, we appreciate how valuable some users found the previously available views. We are in the process of reviewing this feedback, and investigating how best we can meet your need.

Thank you for taking the time to give us this feedback, and we hope to be in contact with an update on this shortly.

Andrzej Kuras

Internet content editor

And I also have got the same reply!

Ah. the power of the forum brothers and sisters! They should have known better than to mess with us....

WHAT A RELIEF to know I’m not the only one who looks at the reports on a regular basis. I did mention this to a non childminder friend last week when I noticed the site had changed and she thought it was rather bizarre, not the fact that the site had changed, but the fact that I even look at other peoples reports – I thought everyone did?!?

Clearly I’m not busy enough with all the other paper work we have to do… :o

Edited by Littlestar123

Im a registered childminder and cant even find my own report???

Can't find myself either and I am a childminder too, the only way I could get my details is to put my EY number in, if you put my postcode in I don't exsist. :o

I will be e-mailing Ofsted too.

Tink69

Guest jenpercy
Can't find myself either and I am a childminder too, the only way I could get my details is to put my EY number in, if you put my postcode in I don't exsist. :o

I will be e-mailing Ofsted too.

Tink69

There is a drop down menu where you can select childminder and postcode

There is a drop down menu where you can select childminder and postcode

Thanks jenpercy but I tried this and the search result came back with "0 found" even tried my address/name of village still came back "0" the only way I came up was with my EY number

Tink69

Edited by Tink69