Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Natural Corks And Pine Cones

My pine cones are from walking in the woods, corks from the local hotel and the cotton reels from my nan's old sewing basket! Not much help to you, but could you put an appeal out to parents?

Scrap store for corks, pine cones from walks in the woods. If you have a shop that does repairs ask for cotton reels.

It's not much help but I have just come back from Portugal and we have the most wonderful cork oaks out there. These are the trees that they make corks from, you can literally lift off sections of the bark and then the tree renews these. The trees are a protected species and very slow growing. They say that you plant vines for yourself, olives for your children, and cork oaks for your grandchildren.

Must bring some cork back for preschool next time we go over there!

We asked our local WI to save us things like buttons, ribbon, corks etc and we were absolutely inundated! We share our premises so see them and other groups fairly regularly. Its definitely worth asking.

Beehive

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)