Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Forum Upgrade

Steve

Thanks Diane - some changes are good; some we're still working on...

Just to bring you up to date on some of the fixes! :o

The Gallery now works again, and all albums have been preserved. I've still got some work to do on style and features.

The avatars - sadly, if you selected avatars I'd previously set up such as the Tolkien avatars, you'll have to re-select them. You'll be pleased to see I'm back with a few extra grey hairs and wrinkles! :)

Excel files are now available for download again, along with powerpoint, word and image files. Sorry for the inconvenience there!

Some things are still left to do - you might have noticed the text size changing in a number of different areas, but for some reason (it's always the 'easy' things), I haven't yet been able to fix the text size of the posts. This Will Happen Soon!

My pleasure Smiley! :)

Cathy I'm having trouble replicating the My Assistant problem you've got, which makes it difficult to troubleshoot it. Is it possible you keep getting logged out (the list of functions on the green bar top left where My Assistant normally lives, only appears when you are logged in (guests don't have access to it).

Some people are being logged out regularly as a result of the forum upgrade and their cookie setting. I can refresh the cookie on your pc by re-setting your password if you do keep getting logged out?

By the way - Who's Chatting is now back for those who missed it! :)

Hi all -

I've now changed the text size of the individual posts - hopefully the size I've selected meets with everyone's approval. Let me know if you feel it's still not right, but we need to strike a balance between fitting a reasonable amount in a page and not wrecking your eyesight! :)

I've also fixed Goldilocks, Carol and Linda's script error (he said confidently!). Let me know if you still have problems with this but it should be an ex problem...

Let me know of any horrible jarring aspects to the site, or if there are any other obvious problems - Catma, I'd be interested to know if you still have problems with your 'My Assistant' when logged in?

:)

I always go around pressing all the buttons to see what they do and am most upset when I'm denied access. :( Wanted to make sure that this wasn't a secret club the rest of you didn't want me to join. :oxD

Yay - Beau wins!

I was wondering which of you eagle eyed wossnames would spot the Blog first. I put it up about 6pm this evening so that's not bad going Carol...

You should be able to access it now - there's an explanation of sorts in my blog, and you're free to launch your own blog at your leisure. I't basically your own little homepage, which you can customise to your own requirements, or just keep a diary. If you want to keep it private, just set it up that way. If you want particular items to be private, leave them as drafts rather than publishing them.

You can set it up from your control panel.

Hope you enjoy it! :)

No fair Steve!!!

I've been away and hacking through masses of posts or I'd have been here too !!! :DxD:o

Only joking, I'd just found it and was puzzling. Thanks for explanantion

And yes, I had a WONDERFUL time, marbling madly, wonderful music, lovely people - wish I was still there, but with internet access!!

Sue :D

Uh-oh - I just knew someone was going to ask me about that. Helen's been on at me about it. It doesn't happen on my pc, possibly because I'm not using Internet Explorer.

Just when I was starting to feel a bit pleased with myself, Susan! :o

I've been ignoring it but I'll give that my attention next!

Steve, thats the best picture!! My hubby used to get really scared of Daleks when he was little. It's now on my desktop!! xD:( (wicked giggle)

Still not sure about blogs though, but I'll work it out :o:D

I too was mystified by 'blog' even after looking at the blog page!

So I decided to use good ol google...

One definition of Blog -- (weB LOG)

A blog is basically a journal that is available on the web. The activity of updating a blog is "blogging" and someone who keeps a blog is a "blogger." Blogs are typically updated daily using software that allows people with little or no technical background to update and maintain the blog. Postings on a blog are almost always arranged in cronological order with the most recent additions featured most prominantly.

Still don't really see the point myself... but I'm sure it will be of some use to others.