Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Eyfs Status

Hello just wanted to know that by 2012 all settings will need a qualfied eyfs member of staff but does this also apply to sessional pre-schools some one told me it does someone also told me it doesnt.thank you for any replies.

Do you mean an Early Years Professional, blueliz6? In which case it is only Children's Centres who need one by 2012, but all full day care settings need one by 2015. Of course the traditional description of 'full day care' doesn't really exist any more, since Ofsted now register groups as "childcare on non-domestic premises".

So I'm not sure whether traditional sessional pre-schools that only open for a three hour session will be covered in this or not. Best people to ask is the Local Authority early years team.

If you get an answer, let me know!

Maz

Do you mean EYPS? If so as far as I am aware the 2012 dealine is for full daycare, but I'm sure someone with more knowledge will be along soon to correct me!!

I'm also a sessional Pre-School and have been trying for funding for my foundation degree to then lead onto my EYPS, at the moment funding is only available for full daycare!!

Kris

instead of sessional etc it is settings which are open less than 4 hrs a day which at are the ones not in the need EYPS by any date.. ... but who knows.. may change. But this is the reason funding is not available to those settings.

Inge

EYPS in settings other than Children's Centres by 2015 has been downgraded from a requirement to an aspiration (for the moment) this link to the CWDC explains.

CWDC EYPS

My understanding was that it applied to settimgs offering over 4hours continuous educare which is why the graduate leader funding was generally unavailable to settings open for less than 20 hours per week.

Hope that helps.

Can I just ask why you are unfdertaking a foundation degree? You stated that you already hold a degree, and as such may be eligible to move straight to undertaking EYPS.

Do you hold any relevany childcare qualification?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)