Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Fox Cub Visit!

kristina

We had a visitor in our Pre-School garden this morning, a very cute young fox cub!!

All the children thought he was beautiful until they realised he had brought his lunch with him!! One very dead baby rabbit!!

The boys were very interested, wanted to see if there was any blood and guts! The girls wanted to name the dead rabbit and bury it!

It lead to some very interesting questions and comments and I think we will need to continue the topic next week!

The fox cub keeps coming back (with mum in toe now) looking for his lunch, which I obviously disposed of!!

Just wondering if I need to add this to my daily risk assessment!!? What do you think, and aren't fox's classed as vermin?

Kris

Just looked it up on the internet and found this info ...

Belive it or not, in the uk No.

It is amoung the list of pest spicese that may me culled, however fox comes under its own catagory which is fox.

Hope this helps.

What a wonderful opportunity though, you are very lucky!

You missed a Reggio trick there - you could have buried it and dug it up in various stages of decay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(For the uniniated during some uni input sessions the story of a dead cat/kittens? was discussed and how in a Reggio Emilia setting it was perceived a learning opportunity when the children wanted to bury it and dig it up later)

Guest jenpercy

And foxes like their food after it has been "Matured". We once buried a guinea pig in my (own) garden and next door's dogs wert mad trying to get over the fence and dig it up, so we (and this is SO obviously the Royal We) had to dig it up and erbury further from the fence and deeper