Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Been Stuck!

Hi all

Just got back from being stuck in Europe, and of course what is one of the first things I do, come on here! :o

It's been quite an adventure getting back, won't bore you with the details, but will just say it included taxi, train, car and boat! Although they are saying that flights have re-started that is rubbish because they are all booked up for at least a fortnight so we were stuck without hope of return.

Anyway, got to head off for work now for a couple of days, but happy to be home and back on here.

xD:(:(

Suzie

Well it's very nice to have you back! :(

Details though I need details! :o Where were you? When should you have returned? Has it cost you an absolute fortune to get back and do you hope to recoup the costs? - Yes I think that's what I need to know!!! :(xD

welcome home Suzie - are you gonna get paid for the time you have missed off work ? Kirklees council are threatening not to pay teachers unless they make up the missed time. xD

Well that shouldn't be too difficult if my teacher friends are to be believed. All they have to do is document all the extra time the put in in the course of a normal week :o

I'm freelance so will not get paid for the work I missed on Monday. Had to get back for the work I'm about to head off for in Grantham. Would LOVE to sleep in my own bed tonight but not going to happen :o

A few quick details for sunnyday - luckily we have family in Portugal who were planning a trip to Jersey to see my partner's brother, so we got a lift (6 in a car with in laws for 17 hours, not huge amount of fun!). So, taxi from where we were staying, train to get to grandparents house, car across portugal, spain and france, boat from st malo to portsmouth, other grandparent picked us up at this end.

Chaos - people everywhere, boat was rammed full of travellers, but at least we are home. In the end it only cost us about an extra £250 (train and boat) so all in all not as bad as some people have experienced.

A few quick details for sunnyday - luckily we have family in Portugal who were planning a trip to Jersey to see my partner's brother, so we got a lift (6 in a car with in laws for 17 hours, not huge amount of fun!). So, taxi from where we were staying, train to get to grandparents house, car across portugal, spain and france, boat from st malo to portsmouth, other grandparent picked us up at this end.

Chaos - people everywhere, boat was rammed full of travellers, but at least we are home. In the end it only cost us about an extra £250 (train and boat) so all in all not as bad as some people have experienced.

Why thank you - I feel so much better for knowing the details! :o

Glad to hear you are home safe and sound :oxD

I really hope that tomorrow night I will be able to say my son is home too, right now he is en route and communication is tricky but he is heading home via some epic route and at a cost of thousands of pounds :( Mind you he was stuck in Bangalore so a fair old way to come.

Husband home today - not great trauma as his ticket was to travel today, so he had priority. Said the queues at Alicante Airport for standby was horrendous, and people were just saying they wanted a place to the UK rather than any specific airport here.

Good camaraderie aboard the plane and the Captain chatted away to them and dipped the wings over Jersey so that they could all see the island as they passed overhead.

What an adventure. I am really jealous of the people who got travel home with the Navy! Now thats an adventure xD

me, too!! When they were interviewed saying they'd been on board for 36 hours my hubby said "you'd have asked them to go around again to make the trip last!"

He knows me SO well :o

Nona