Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Ofsted Confusion!

Just cross really and can't phone Ofsted today so venting on here!!

I emailed Ofsted in the week to cancel my registration as a childminder. The fees were due, and I gave up half a term a go, having juggled preschool and afterschool minding for 1 term and a half, I knew I would not be minding again all the while I am at the preschool.

So as I said, I, from my own email account, emailed Ofsted to ask how I go about handing in my registration. I did inform them that I am also obviously listed as working for the Preschool and I don't want that to be removed from that! (which I wouldn't put it past them to have done!)

Two days ago, we had a card from the post office for my son to collect a recorded delivery letter. He is 7. After much excitment and wondering, we settled on him having won a competition......so imagine his delight when we collected it this morning 'Its from Ofsted' he said with a confused look on his face (I must admit it did look like the familiar Ofsted style letter when I handed it to him). Apparantly Master ***** ****** is no longer listed as a childminder and he must re register if he wishes to start minding again in the future......

So, now I have to add to my list telephoning them on Monday, probably to find they have removed me completely and I will no longer be in existence even as the preschool manager.....and my son can go on to rule the world! (at least he hasn't had his voting card yet lol)

Clare xx

Well I really don't know what to say.......

:oxDxD

It beggars belief doesn't it?

I rang at some point last year, when the swine flu situation had just begun........apparently I wasn't in their system - WHAT!!!

I'd like not to be 'in their system' - perhaps they could 'forget' to come and inspect us then! :(

Needless to say - I didn't bother to send all of they information they asked for - plain ridiculous - rang again the next day, spoke to another 'operator' who managed to pull my details up in seconds and apologised profusely on behalf of the numpty that I had spoken to before!!! :(

Perhaps your little boy could gain a place in the Guiness Book of Records - the youngest childminder ever! :(

Good luck with getting it all sorted! :wacko:

Guest Spiral

Wow,

I'm sure your son would make a wonderful childminder (after his 16th birthday)! Can I ask, how did his name get onto their records in such a manner? I'd be conserned and asking to see the evidence of the records being changed maybe?

I have little praise for Ofsted's techniques. We were nearly closed down when they made a mistake! No apologies, no support. I know the systems are complicated, but we are expected to get our head around the system and get it right too!

Best of luck with it all,

Spiral.

Guest Spiral
Wow,

I'm sure your son would make a wonderful childminder (after his 16th birthday)! Can I ask, how did his name get onto their records in such a manner? I'd be conserned and asking to see the evidence of the records being changed maybe?

I have little praise for Ofsted's techniques. We were nearly closed down when they made a mistake! No apologies, no support. I know the systems are complicated, but we are expected to get our head around the system and get it right too!

Best of luck with it all,

Spiral.

And I'm sorry for your son, that must have been awful thinking he'd won something or had a message from a far off friend... just awful x :o

I rang at some point last year [..]........apparently I wasn't in their system - WHAT!!!

Needless to say - I didn't bother to send all of they information they asked for - plain ridiculous - rang again the next day, spoke to another 'operator' who managed to pull my details up in seconds and apologised profusely on behalf of the numpty that I had spoken to before!!! :o

EXACTLY the same thing happened to me! and when we had our inspection, the Inspector had a printed out list with all the info on. I also wondered, if I wasn't on their system, what exactly was he checking when he asked for my postcode and date of birth etc at the start of the conversation ......?

:o and these are the people who make judgements about how we run our businesses xD

Nona

I know!!

I also wondered how his name had gotten onto the records in that way too, when I registered I must have had to list the name of my children as being people under 16 who live in the house, but surely that information should not be so easy to confuse with the actual registered person?!

So I shall await my time to call on Monday and update you with their excuse or not.

Clare

That should be an interesting conversation, Clare! :o

Wonder if they'll tell you they can only speak to the Registered Person xD

Hope it goes well!

Nona

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)