Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Mary Mary Quite Contrary

Hi guys next term i am doing nursery rhymes as my topic. I have thought about doing Mary Mary as my chn are quite into growing things at the moment. So far over the course of two weeks, i have thought about setting up a gardening centre outside with a variety of flowers, Grow seeds and plant them on different days like a timeline, investigate how seeds need light and water to grow by leaving some seeds in the dark and see if they grow. Any other ideas i would be really grateful

xxxx

we have just done this and we did a role play with me being Mary and coming to nursery for advice on growing things.I said I was so worried because all my plants kept dying an I didnt know why-They then discussed with me what was needed for plants and flowers to grow and what happens if they dont have them.I loved doing this activity and my children were great We did a mind map and plan fron their suggestions and used them for planning next steps.We have ended up with a Nursery Rhyme indoor garden plus dressing up clothes and as we do a different rhyme we role play the character and introduce pictures and activities into the garden.We used Mary character to bring in Humpty Dumpty(another member of staff) as her friend who had fallen off the wall and the children made get well cards and presents for him etc.This has lasted for ages and they are still using it in the role play area. Hope this helps its beeen a lovely activity which we are going to pick up after Easter by introducing bugs into the garden.

We have been gardening and one of the children asked 'Which grow in the dark?' so we've planted mushrooms :o We've put the box in a child height cupboard and the children are checking it daily and spraying with water.No mushrooms as yet!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)