Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Babysitting Prices

Hi all

I am curious to know what the current rate for babysitting is. It is a long time since i did it and i am looking at finding one for myself.

Many thanks

It is a long time since i did it and i am looking at finding one for myself.

Aren't you a little old to need a babysitter? :o I think this is going to depend on local conditions - one of my ladies charges £10 an hour.

Maz

I babysit through an nationwide agency and we get paid £5.80 an hour, minimum 4 hours per booking.

The parents register with the agency and pay a monthly fee and are guaranteed to get a CRB checked, qualified, experienced babysitter. The agency also guarantee our fee - if payment wasn't made at the end of the booking, the agency would send payment to me and debit the parents acoount!

Nona

A lady who used to work for me told me that as a rule of thumb you shouldn't charge any less per hour for babysitting services than you earn in your day job if you work in daycare. I hasten to add that my deputy doesn't earn £10 an hour though! I think she decided to charge what she thought her customers would pay.

Interesting what you say about the fees you're paid through the agency nona - I know that a local agency charges our local CC £13 and hour for Level 3 practitioners... :o

Maz

It may 'charge' £13 an hour - but what does the L3 actually get paid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well I do get asked to supply staff on the odd occasion and they don't work for any less than their hourly rate, louby loo. Plus a bit extra if I can manage it without making myself out of pocket! :o

Maz

Thanks all, the rate may have gone up but the variant is still there.

we went out last saturday night, the children and sitters had chinese takeaway ( £28.10) and we were out not quite 3 hours. i did get out of doing tea and i did not actually pay them.

HappyMaz - if i had a babysitter i would not need slimming world! :o

Blimey ! I think i ll give up my day job.

i suppose it depends who you get

My 16 year old daughter babysits and gets about £3.00 an hour and she gets her supper and brought home .

I get tea, coffee, biccies, when I babysit and at Christmas I got wine and chocolate from one of the regular families and this year I had a text on Mother's Day, from a single parent family, wishing me a Happy Day!

Nona