Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Sometimes Its Just The Littlest Things!

Hi all, I am currently off work - have been signed off with stress for the last three weeks and at least the next 4. I have been having a really hard time of it feeling guilty etc about work and very sorry for myself. However i just sat down at my computer and looked out into the garden and a bird is busily making a nest in our bird box and it just made me smile - we have had that box there for several years and no birds have ever used it before and now just when I needed a distraction he is busily collecting things in the garden for his nest! Sorry for the random post but it made me smile!

Ems x

that's the thing about life, isn't it?? No matter how low we are sometimes, there's always a little something to make us smile and look forward. Those little birds and their promise of new life,so busy with their nest-building,so trusting in what they're doing, just out of instinct.........lovely!! I hope things improve for you soon xx

that's the thing about life, isn't it?? No matter how low we are sometimes, there's always a little something to make us smile and look forward. Those little birds and their promise of new life,so busy with their nest-building,so trusting in what they're doing, just out of instinct.........lovely!! I hope things improve for you soon xx

so true - I really needed reminding of that too! x

I'm so glad to hear that in the midst of all your stress and worry a very small thing can reach you and touch you in this way. Maybe today is the beginning of a change for the better - hope so!

Take care

Maz

There is nothing like the beginning of spring to make everything seem a bit better, especially after such a long hard winter.

There are 25 frogs in my pond having a wonderful time and we are having endless fun watching them and listening to them singing.

Thats lovely ems. Glad to hear you're smiling. :o

Spring is lovely isnt it? I've just spent a couple of hours in the garden, mostly saying sorry to ladybirds, worms and a solitary beetle, whenever I disturbed them.

Hi Emms, sorry to hear you have not been at your best lately - as we have already discussed on another thread - don't feel guilty about school - everyone there will cope - you must do what's right for you to get back to full strength.

Nature is a wonderful healer - I like a good bracing walk along the beach or promenade when I'm feeling low, always find that makes me just "feel" if you know what I mean - cooping oneself up in the house just dulls the senses. Do you know what kind of bird is nesting?

Hubby has just come in from the garden where he was refilling bird feeders...................with a big grin on his face, he told me he'd just moved some card he was going to take to recycling and there were two big, fat slow worms under it.........so yes, spring is definately springing!

Hi Emms, sorry to hear you have not been at your best lately - as we have already discussed on another thread - don't feel guilty about school - everyone there will cope - you must do what's right for you to get back to full strength.

Nature is a wonderful healer - I like a good bracing walk along the beach or promenade when I'm feeling low, always find that makes me just "feel" if you know what I mean - cooping oneself up in the house just dulls the senses. Do you know what kind of bird is nesting?

You are so right - me and my dog have been pounding the pavements quite a lot over the last few weeks I can tell you and it does help after a while - sometimes i have to force myself to go out but I feel much better after. The poor dog has never been so well excersied and I think my neighbours wonder what has happened to me! Not sure what bird it is - maybe a great tit I think but am not great with birds!