Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

To All You Mum's Out There

Morning all,

To all the hardworking Mum's on here (like me) Happy Mother's Day,

I was woken with a cup of luke warm tea from youngest son aged 10 who said 'happy mothers day mum, can i go on my Xbox' then tootled off to his room!

Oh bless him.. it's the first cuppa he's made me.

even though i know we all will be working on something or other today have a good one.

Edited by mk5698

To all 'mums' everywhere........................and I include those who have never had a child of their own, but who give so much love and care to so many children..................have a wonderful day. My 6 children have been banned from buying/giving me anything this time: I know they love me and one of them in particular has a harridan of a mother in law who INSISTS on being taken to a posh restaurant for lunch by them, even though she knows they are struggling financially and have three small children to take along too. Not much 'mothers love' there, sadly! Anyway, today, I miss my mum ( I do every day, of course, but this day brings her 'home' to me)

Enjoy the burnt toast, the lukewarm tea

the curled up flowers 'with love from me'

recall the day this child emerged

into your arms, your life, your world

who would have thought that so much love

could be encompassed in one small word:

mum!

I was woken up with a hard-boiled egg and soldiers and a lovely cuppa. Perfect! :o

I shed a few tears later when my girls had gone downstairs......for my own mum who isn't here anymore. I miss her all the time but today in particular is hard.

May I also add my hugs to Susan's to those of you who find today a struggle.

sending best wishes and hugs to those who need them today

A day of mixed emotions here too, sadness that I can't send a mothers day card to my mum, delight in my four wonderful sons and sadness again for my daughter who was born too early for this world - how different things might have been.

On a lighter note maybe this may raise a smile

Two of my cards today:

On the front: To my very special mum, relax today and put your feet up ... inside the card 'what time is dinner?'

On the front: So sorry I cant be with you on mothers day .. inside the card 'but I have no washing that needs doing and I am alright for cash"

Guest babyjane31

Not at all Posy, this thread has made me smile and made me cry and reminded me however difficult life with 3 small children can be that days like this should remind me how lucky I am and how I should never take it for granted.

So love and best wishes to everyone out there who all give so much love and care to children, whether they are their own or not is irrelevant!!

xxxxxxxxx

Sorry everyone, didn't mean to depress any of you. Wrong day to share I think

Not at all Posy. Its hard when you're not feeling the love that everyone else is, and the day is just something to get through. Even though we might be feeling a bit sorry for ourselves we wouldn't want to deprive anyone else of a happy day, and I'm sure that happy mummies today will gladly spare a thought for those who find today difficult.

I hope everyone today whose mum or children are not around to hug will find sustenance in a happy memory or a kind word from a friend who understands.

Happy Mothering Sunday to everyone!

Maz

Sorry everyone, didn't mean to depress any of you. Wrong day to share I think

Posy

Not at all.........I thank everything holy that I have my wonderful sons and my dear old mum (88).........I know that not everyone is so fortunate........driving back from my mums this morning I passed the cemetry never have |I seen so many cars there......I shed a little tear then and softie that I am there are few more as I type this.......

So it's big hugs and love from me too........

I have been lucky enough to walk down the road to visit my mum and have four homemade cards from five of my children.....still waiting for one from one of the 16 year old twins....I have been to watch my son play rugby and I asked him to score as many trys as he could especially for Mothers Day, he scored 7!

I am so proud of all my children and feel grateful and appreciative of the reciprocral love between a mother and her children, I also feel it is a good day to remember the people who no longer have their mums - my good friend has been gone for 10 months now and her daughter has found today really hard....we have rallied around and given her all we can.....but we cannot give her what she wants most.....her mum, my friend back......a day of mixed emotions.... :o

Edited by Guest

I am sorry.......................I can't find how to edit my original post,otherwise i would xx

narnia there is no need to apologise - we all have our own experiences and have the right to express them here, as you have done most movingly.

I loved your poem by the way - sums up what Mothering Sunday used to be like in our house, and reminded me of how my mum would express her delight at our hamfisted efforts to make her day special.

Maz x

has a harridan of a mother in law who INSISTS on being taken to a posh restaurant for lunch by them,

Been there, done that today :(

Mother's Day is SUCH a mixed blessing for me - my lovely daughter has brought me a card and a pressie that she's saved up for and which means the world.

My Mum says "enjoy YOUR day" and was happy to see me last Monday, open her card today and get a phone call this morning BUT.....

Mother-in-Law :o

every year is the same, the guilt trip phone call a few days before "nobody's arranged to see me so I'm obviously not wanted" and every year off we go to visit while her other son and his wife steer clear. They have no children and no other Mum to consider and I know I should count my blessings but it makes me cross xD Hubby sees her every week as he works fairly close to where she lives, we phone every 2/3 days ... and it's never enough!

I'd just like a day at home, pottering, and spending time with my daughter and my hubby but it wasn't to be again today. Instead we've spent 2 hours in the car and 2 more hours in an overcrowded, overpriced craft centre and tearoom, and all she's done is complain about everything and anything and, to top it all, say I don't feel well and thought about ringing to cancel.... :(

Nona

I too send love and thoughts to anyone out there who has felt their grief and heartache worse today than usual.

I visited my Mum as I do every Sunday at the cemetary.

I took her her favourite flowers..... daffodils.

I love how the riot of yellow makes things seem cheerful.

Miss you Mum x