Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Beat Baby

I've ordered one, I think you've all answered a lot of my questions, thankyou. I've ordered the book too, which I'll have a thorough read of before introducing beat baby to the children. Hopefully the book will give lots of lovely ideas. I noticed in my searches that there are some on ebay, and the ones on amazon are actually from lawrence educational

Oh excellent news - you will not be disappointed! xD

Enjoy and then come and tell us all about it! :o

I've ordered the book too, which I'll have a thorough read of before introducing beat baby to the children. Hopefully the book will give lots of lovely ideas.

If you've ordered the book 'helping children with steady beat' the chants are all coded so that you can see straight away the level of complexity and whether they are suitable for beginners or are more advanced. I have to say that we stick to our favourite three, but then we do have a mixed age group which obviously children join and leave at various points so whereas some children are more expert, others are at the learning stage and so the whole project is evolving all the time.

What I am always amazed by is how quickly children learn the chants though - they seem to pick it up very quickly and I'll often hear snippets of chants throughout the session. They're a bit like pop songs that hook into your brain and refuse to let go! :o

Which colour did you order Cait?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Having just read the thread again after a summer of 'Beat Baby' I'm pleased to re-read that Maz only has a few chants that they go back to. I found that this has been the case too and was worried that I should be working my way through the chants in the book from easy to difficult.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)