Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Just Reisgned

I have just resigned from my job as Manager of a pre-school - just finding it too hard to fit everything in to my life just now and need a break. I don't have another job to go to yet, but I'm sure something will come along, there is no rush. Not sure how I feel right now, relieved I've done it finally (it took a long time to decide), but wondering how I can completely let go just like that - it has been my life for the last two years 24/7. thinking about joining the committee :o

One question I have, if anyone knows, do we lgeally have to advertise externally for the Manager's job, or can we simply promote the deputy, and then advertise for a room leader or deputy to replace her?

Hi,

I can't answer your question but just wanted to send you a big hug as can fully understand the feelings you are going through right now. Is there something similar but different that you could be involved with rather than going onto the committee as you may find it frustrating to see and hear what others are doing without you there?

Not sure whether I have amde sense but am sure you will understand.

Just to send a big hug and wow well done on making your decision

Love

Nicky Sussex :o

i THINK YOU CAN PROMOTE THE DEPUTY AND THEN ADVERTISE A POSITION, BUT THE acas WEB SITE MIGHT BE THE PLACE TO LOOK.

(Stupid caps lock!)P

I know how you feel about resigning, it took me 3 days to hand in my letter but the relief I felt told me I'd done the right thing.

If you're lucky enough to not need to work straight away, take your time before you choose anything.

I left 5 years ago but joined the committee. I'm now chair of the playgroup, it can be difficult knowing when to interfere or offer advice but I enjoy the paperwork, information finding side, and I get to play occassionally.

YOu might find they value having someone who knows whats what in EY.

Good luck

Just wanted to add my best wishes........that must have been a really tough decision to make.

Agree completely with Rea - check with ACAS - re. advertising position - and again I agree that I think that you can promote the deputy.......

All good wishes for whatever you decide to do in the future - I wouldn't 'rush into' anything.......

Chicken Licken, that makes two of us! I resigned at the end of January and will be leaving at the end of the summer term. Can't exactly remember if it's 7 or 8 years I've been manager but I've definitely been there 15 years! It feels wierd but I know I'm doing the right thing, and I feel quite peaceful about it now, but it did take a few weeks!

Hope your journey is a comfortable one too, when are you going?

A brave decision - but I'm sure the right one for you - wish I had the guts to do it. I often say work would be great if it wasn't for staff and parents - the children are lovely its everyone else!!

Regarding the position - I was advised when I had a recent vacancy that it has to be advertised but only needs to be locally, ie on your notice board and perhaps a local notice board. We used the parish board - it does not need to be advertised 'nationally'. But I would air on the side of caution and check ACAS.

Good luck with your new life.

Wow, Chicken Licken!! :o

Big decision but you've obviously thought long and hard about it and done what's right for you. Take some time now to feel the sense of relief before jumping into anything new.

Nona

Oh well, there must be something in the air !

I've just handed my notice in this week and my Supervisor.

Its been a hard decision, but I know its the right one.

I'm sure you will find something else when you are ready.

Take a while to think about what you would like to do next and

good luck in what ever path you decide to take.

Motherclangerx

Edited by Motherclanger

I was also told that you did need to advertise, so if your deputy wants the role then just put it on your own notice board and village hall notice board (if run from a hall) somewhere there's not likely to be many people looking!

Think there must be something in the water, with all these resignations going on - If all of you are committee/charity run then I can understand it everyday seems to be a different battle - good luck to you all.

Good Luck to all of you for your brave decisions, i also handed my notice on on monday! I have been feeling rather guilty but having read your posts feel better. Its good to know the reasons contributing to my decision are similar to others.

x