Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Finding Excuses

I like that Rea about getting the sack actually I've never signed a contract. Yes Susan I also spend too much time here, it is much more interesting than housework.

"There's no one here to see".

That's my get-out clause. The girls are away with their dad.

"I'm writing an assignment for my latest OU course".

That's my excuse.

Both suit me well at present.

Diane.

I have got to do some housework as we are having a staff meeting here next Tuesday!!!!!!! I like you Carol tend to do it when we are having visitors or when I feel it's getting so bad that my mum is going to make some comment about it!!! It's amazing that even at the age of nearly 51 I still get told off by my mother!!!!

And I don't need an excuse not to do it! :o

Linda

I'm glad you put that shocked smiley up Steve! It's a pity there isn't one for a tongue in cheek as I'm sure you don't really mean it! At least I hope you don't! :oxD

Linda

So tell us Steve...just what is a man's job???

And if you're really feeling guilty, put the vacumn in the middle of the room so if unexpected guests arrive it looks like you were just about to start. xD:o

Mimi

When my man sometimes looks at me in a way suggesting that the house is not as tidy as it could be, I respond,

The kids and I had great fun doing........ Quality time with them instead of doing chores is acceptable

I didn't have time to dust but look I've made you a lovely evening meal (I do always cook a proper meal, nothing too fancy but fresh veggies etc, I'm not a microwave cook like my friend, her husband thinks all meals should be proceeded by a 'ping')

I had a great game of golf today (I don't know how I am getting away with this one except my beloved knows it makes me a happier bunny and is helping to keep me fit and healthy)

But mostly I say 'You knew I wasn't very domesticated when we met and I lifes too short' to which he usually replies, 'Great I'll have to arrange a funeral and put the hoover round' xD:o:(

I hate housework :(

Sue x

errr, housework??

whats that then?

talking of dee's artcile, had a hamster once. For some unearthly reason we called him 'Houdini'.

He got out once (well several times, hence the name) but on this one occasion we didnt know he was missing until these 2 girls knocked the door one day saying 'anyone'ere lost an hamster'? 'err dont think so, said I, but Ill go and check'. Sure enough , Houdini was absent. Cage completley intact, he was found 5 doors down from us in the middle of winter and still alive! We still dont know HOW!

whats it got to do with housework? Absolutely nothing but I'd hate to admit what happened to him on another escapade!!

I have this crosstitched in the kitchen!

Although you'll find our house a mess, come in, sit down, converse, it doesn't always look like this, some days it's even worse.

Also "this house is protected by killer dustballs"

As you can guess I don't like housework. On a more serious note (well its my excuse and I am sticking to it :D:o ) I have a bad allergy to dust, so if my house is too clean I am rather wheezy and sneezy when I go to visit my friends! As I said that is my excuse and I am sticking to it xD:D

Gizzy

Housework? :o I thought that's what the kids were for :DxD

Seriously, though, my excuse is the truth - I can't stand it! If I leave it long enough my hubby will do it, but it does become a bit of a competition to see who will cave in first (a bit like answering the phone...) :(

I used to be houseproud, but now I've got a life :D:D

I only operate in accordance with policies, procedures. plans long short and medium but I can't find one for housework :o

Oh dear me what a shame xD

Of course I am too busy to even think about going to find it and if anyone has one then please DON't share it!!!!!!!!!! :D:D

Thought I'd share these words of wisdom with you

When things in your life seem almost too much to handle, when 24 hours in a day are not enough, remember the mayonnaise jar... and the beer.

A professor stood before his philosophy class and had some items in front of him. When the class began, wordlessly, he picked up a very large and empty mayonnaise jar and proceeded to fill it with golf balls. He then asked the students if the jar was full.

They agreed that it was.

So the professor then picked up a box of pebbles and poured them into the jar. He shook the jar lightly. The pebbles rolled into the open areas between the golf balls. He then asked the students again if the jar was full.

They agreed it was.

The professor next picked up a box of sand and poured it into the jar. Of course, the sand filled up everything else. He asked once more if the jar was full.

The students responded with an unanimous "yes."

The professor then produced two cans of beer from under the table and poured the entire contents into the jar, effectively filling the empty space between the sand.

The students laughed.

"Now," said the professor, as the laughter subsided, "I want you to recognize that this jar represents your life.

"The golf balls are the important things - your family, your children, your health, your friends, your favorite passions - things that if everything else was lost and only they remained, your life would still be full. The pebbles are the other things that matter like your job, your house, your car. The sand is everything else - the small stuff.

"If you put the sand into the jar first," he continued, "there is no room for the pebbles or the golf balls. The same goes for life. If you spend all your time and energy on the small stuff, you will never have room for the things that are important to you. Pay attention to the things that are critical to your happiness. Play with your children. Take time to get medical checkups. Take your partner out to dinner. There will always be time to clean the house, and fix the disposal. Take care of the golf balls first, the things that really matter. Set your priorities. The rest is just sand."

One of the students raised her hand and inquired what the beer represented. The professor smiled. "I'm glad you asked. It just goes to show you that no matter how full your life may seem, there's always room for a couple of beers."

Only in my case it would be red wine!! :D