Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

My Exciting News

pickle

Just wanted to share my very exciting news with everyone before I burst :o

Today, we got our permanent residency visa for Australia - for myself, hubby and our 8 year old son!

It's been a fair while coming and now we are beside ourselves with excitement.

Brisbane (in July) here we come ! xD

At last, the wonderful news you have been waiting for. What an adventure you will have....starting off in a new country making a whole new life for yourselves.

I spent five years in Perth, Western Australia and up north in the Pilbarra region some years ago. It was the 'lucky' country then and from the regular news I get from my friends, it still is. I loved my time there....people were fantastic, weather gorgeous and a completely different way of life. I'm quite envious really. :o

But I wish you and your family a safe passage and the best of luck in your new life down under. xD

Oh how lovely. I sometimes see a programme on TV about people who are thinking of moving there, it looks stunning and so do the properties. A guy we knew years ago went, on a visit home he said he'd never come back to live here.

Have a fab new life

Wow! Congratulations.

How exciting to be planning a new life in such a beautiful country.

Don't forget to keep in touch with your FSF friends, especially if you end up working in Australian Early Years. It would be good to have an opportunity to compare the two systems :o

It would be good to have an opportunity to compare the two systems :o

Quite so! And I'd be prepared to enrol on a nice study trip to find out how things are done 'down under'!

Congratulations pickle - you must be soooo excited!

Mmaz

Thanks to all of you for your supportive comments - we are soooo excited and can't wait to start the adventure!!!!

Also..

Wow! Congratulations.

How exciting to be planning a new life in such a beautiful country.

Don't forget to keep in touch with your FSF friends, especially if you end up working in Australian Early Years. It would be good to have an opportunity to compare the two systems :(

Will definitely stay logged on and yes, I am planning to work in the Early Years! They have a new curriculum being introduced so should be all fun! - hoping steve will tell me it's available for me to access this site in Oz :o

Quite so! And I'd be prepared to enrol on a nice study trip to find out how things are done 'down under'!

Congratulations pickle - you must be soooo excited!

Mmaz

Absolutely xD

You might also remember you pm'd me with some info a while back.

While I thanked you at the time, I didn't get back to you afterwards.

It all went well - will pm you as soon as I get a mo :(

Edited by pickle

I am so happy for you, I have got the information about emergrating but have not been brave enough to take the next step x x

Costs nothing to look into it - have a peek :o

Agree it takes some nerve and although we loved our reccie visit, we do realise that we will never know for sure 'till we get there!

We are facing it as an adventure and a fantastic opportunity - everything after that, we will take as it comes!

Estate agents coming next week and about to book our flights .... then off out for a celebratory meal tonight!

Eeek - it's all go!! xD