Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

We Had The Call Today!

Hello everyone,

Got the call today and have Ofsted on Wednesday and Thursday this week.

Any advice from people recently inspected would be great. Also is there anything else I should be doing etc?

The rest of the staff have gone into a frenzy, but I am remarkably calm, which is worrying me!!

Had an early years advisor in at beg of Dec and she looked round with a critical eye, so we have made a few adjustments since then.

Please help!

Jane

Good luck.

Was inspected a year ago so under the old framework but the one thing that stood out was to be able to show progress on the profile from entry to end of year.

The very best of luck to you all- just think, it will all be over by the weekend!

On a more serious note, and I am sure you know, Safeguarding is the one of the biggest issues now. Don't know how true or exaggerated it is, but I heard one school failed because they invited the Inspectors in and gave them coffee before staff had checked their identities. Check all your staff/ supply staff/ regular parent helpers have CRB checks and you can prove they have. For the first time, after 22 years of teaching I have recently had to take my teaching certificates into school, and my passport to prove that I am who I say I am. Ofsted also seem to pick up on parents alone in cloakrooms at start of day , security at entrances and exits, etc etc.

Again, the very best of luck......just keep your fingers crossed for very heavy snow Wednesday night::1a

Hi

We had our inspection yesterday although we are a Pre-School so it may be different to yours. The main hot topics are safeguarding, inclusion and reflection. Very keen to hear on how we reflect on what we do and why!!

Hope this helps and good luck!

Kristina

Just wanted to add my best wishes. I have to agree that safeguarding is their top priority at the moment.

Your feelings of calm are probably because you know everything is in place and you are very ready for this. Stay relaxed and look forward to your weekend.

Good luck and let us know how it all went won't you. :o

We were inspected in early December and as others have said it was safeguarding, progress of all but particularly of minority groups and boys, and community cohesion as well as progress since last inspection.

You can expect to be observed teaching again now too so make sure you have plebty of CI going on.

Good luck.

Thank you all so much for your kind wishes etc. We are a small school so my understanding is that most of it will be done tomorrow and Thursday they will be checking anything unsure, which hopefully won't be me!!

Will let you all know how it goes.

Thanks again for your support.

Jane

xxx

Hi

Wanted to wish you lots of luck. Will be thinking of you as we have ours next Monday and Tuesday. I am the only reception teacher at my school and I was just wondering what people used when they were being observed to give to the inspectors for daily planning. Do people use focused activity type sheets or something else? The rest of my school are using the same format (lesson plans) but that is obviously inappropriate for my age group. Any thoughts would be much appreciated.

Had a formal observation today during child initiated, but no feedback yet.

Seemed please, so will have to wait and see.

Will let you know.

Jane x

Hello again everyone,

Thought I would let you know how it all went! Very intense 2 days because inspector didn't do a block observation but kept popping in at different times during the 2 days.

But obviously thought all was OK and I was given a good in all the 4 areas for EYFS in the new format report.

So can now relax and have lots of fun!

If anyone with an Ofsted coming has some specific questions, I am happy to answer them.

Thanks again for all your support.

Jane x

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)