Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Sef Question

sunnyday

Hi all

Now I'm pretty sure that I already know the answer to this.........but don't want to do anything completely stupid!!! xD:o

Can I submit a partly completed SEF to Ofsted - if I enter 'to be completed' in the blanks?

More importantly.....if I do that can I get back into it to edit and fill in the aforementioned blanks?

I can......... can't I? :(

Another quick SEF question whilst someone else is on with it....

I am (finally!) just about to put my SEF online. I thought I would be able to just copy and paste but do not seems able to.

Am I just doing something wrong?

Snow days seems to be very productive!! :o

Another quick SEF question whilst someone else is on with it....

I am (finally!) just about to put my SEF online. I thought I would be able to just copy and paste but do not seems able to.

Am I just doing something wrong?

Snow days seems to be very productive!! :o

Yes, you can certainly do that. If you have your word-processed version open and the online SEF open, go to your document and highlight the text in the box that you are copying, whilst it's highlighted, press CTRL C (to copy it) and then click on where you want it to go on the SEF and press CTRL V (to paste it) No probs!

Yes, you can certainly do that. If you have your word-processed version open and the online SEF open, go to your document and highlight the text in the box that you are copying, whilst it's highlighted, press CTRL C (to copy it) and then click on where you want it to go on the SEF and press CTRL V (to paste it) No probs!

Cait - my bestest forum buddy!!! Are you sure?! I know you could do that with the old format......not so sure about the new :(

Blimey - I have wasted a great deal of time if that's the case :oxD

Cait - my bestest forum buddy!!! Are you sure?! I know you could do that with the old format......not so sure about the new :(

Blimey - I have wasted a great deal of time if that's the case :oxD

Why do you suspect that the new format would be any different? If it doesn't, let me know and I'll look into another way

Please let that be wrong! I was planning to cut and paste our old version (sent by snail mail so never uploaded) into the new form today.

Will report back either spitting blood or with a smile later.

All done, panic over, you can just cut and paste it.

Gosh it only took me about 45 mins, the incentive of taking the kids out to play in the snow is a big one!

Gosh it only took me about 45 mins, the incentive of taking the kids out to play in the snow is a big one!

For goodness sake!

Really pleased for you Suzie........but why did my SIP tell me you can't cut and paste and why did I listen to her :o

Apologies Cait! xD:(

Thanks goodness for that. I finally got mine finished at the weekend and had set today aside to put it online - only we are closed and I can't get into the building to dig out my password :(

I'll get it done by the end of the week though because we are only 2 weeks short of the 3rd anniversary of our last inspection so we're expecting the knock any day now :o

Once I've got it safely on to the Ofsted site I'll anonymise (sp?) it and post it on the exemplar thread (some of you may reconise some of the phrases I've nicked er.... I mean taken as best practice. xD

Gosh sunny you must be furious! Hope you can touch type and it wasn't a 2 finger job?

I completely misread this SuzieC8 - I realise now that you're talking about sunnyday's re-typing of her SEF and not her response to her SIP. :o

Glad it had a happy ending for you, though!

Maz

:oxD:(

That has given me a good laugh to start the day with!

Actually I pretty much blame myself.......why did I listen to her.......she said it with such authority.....I just took it as read!

Oh well, unexpected day off today (snow/ice) so maybe I will get a bit more of the blessed thing done! :(:(

Edited by sunnyday

I completely misread this SuzieC8 - I realise now that you're talking about sunnyday's re-typing of her SEF and not her response to her SIP. :o

Glad it had a happy ending for you, though!

Maz

xD:(:(

Nice one Maz!

So....are you all sitting down.......I have actually submitted my part completed SEF! :(

Not much more to do..........should be able to finish over the weekend hopefully!

Love the page after you submit.........one of the questions is 'how long did it take you to complete your SEF' - they offer 1-2 hours, 2-3, 3-4, more than 4 hours.........hey try a year!!! xD Oh and of course still not really complete :o:(:(

So....are you all sitting down.......I have actually submitted my part completed SEF! xD

Not much more to do..........should be able to finish over the weekend hopefully!

Love the page after you submit.........one of the questions is 'how long did it take you to complete your SEF' - they offer 1-2 hours, 2-3, 3-4, more than 4 hours.........hey try a year!!! xD Oh and of course still not really complete :o :rolleyes: :(

:(:( :wacko:

Hurrah Sunny well done you! And see you even got it in before Ofsted turned up.

Watch out though, once you get it online it's very addictive (bit like here) to keep on tinkering with it.

So....are you all sitting down.......I have actually submitted my part completed SEF! xD

I've done it, I've done it - woohoo - sorry just had to share.........

All done - completed SEF submitted to Ofsted at 3.30 this afternoon!

Phew! What a massive sense of relief........this 'thing' has been the bane of my life for far too long! :o

Aww Sunnyday well done! I'm no where near to be honest. Still collecting evidence and it's in my head if they come a calling. Do you think they will let me sit in a locked room with them and just talk at them for hours?

So what's next then? Operational file?

'Scuse me missy - that's done!!! :o

Aww Sunnyday well done! I'm no where near to be honest. Still collecting evidence and it's in my head if they come a calling. Do you think they will let me sit in a locked room with them and just talk at them for hours?

Hey you take charge and lock themin and talk at them!!! xD