Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

U212 Exam Result!

Sue R

Being basically impatient I've been haunting my OU Student page - if you're waiting for this result have a look at yours, mine was there this morning.

I actually managed to pass, even having misread a question that I thought was my best answer :(

Phew, thank goodness there's no resit, not a bad grade, either

:oxD

I also passed. Was really surprised, got an A on the first one and B's on the other two. OES of 80 which I was so surprised about, been dancing around all day.

just thought I would enlighten people what OES and OCAS are in 'OU speak'

the OES is the overall examinable score - this is the mark awarded for a final piece of work in a course, it may be an actual exam or a written project and is 'bigger' in terms of workload than the assignments written during the course

the OCAS is the overall continuous assessment score which is the final mark awarded for all the assignments. They do not just add up the individual scores of assignments and average them out but each assignment is 'weighted' where a percentage of the individual mark is taken and at the end all these 'percentage marks' are added up. So in a course where there are 8 assignments the percentage they will use varies, it may be 10% of the mark for your first assignment, 17% of the second and so on. The first assignment always has a lower weighting so if you kind of mess up on the first one it won't have a huge impact on you OCAS as there is plenty of time to try and improve in remaining assignments.

The OU then have four bands for course results

Distinction (or pass 1)

Pass2

Pass 3

Pass 4

and to achieve any one band your OCAS and OES have to be of a certain percentage and it's 85% for a distinction but you have to score this in both OCAS and OES

ANy clearer - hope it's not too garbled!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congratulations to you Geraldine on passing your BA Hons. What an achievement..........you must be so proud. :o

Thank you for all the help and support that you gave me and continue to give me on my OU courses.

Edited by dublinbay

Just to second that, I too have a debt of gratitude to you, Geraldine - as have many here who are on the OU journey. Thank you so very much!

I am thinking of passing on my avatar to a new 'star' ........only thinking, mind you :o

Sue xx

ANy clearer - hope it's not too garbled!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thanks for this Geraldine - my friend has just received her exam results and told me she had expected a fail or Pass 4 but had in fact got a Pass 2! Now I understand why she was so pleased with her result!

Maz

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)