Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Ofsted Evidence - Things To Declare

Hi

In need of some big help _ pretty quickly - tall order but I know you will rescue me - you have done so before - does anybody issue a form to their staff giving them the opportunity to 'disclose' anything and everything?

What I am looking for is some kind of Pro Forma which staff complete annually or more often to ensure that they (the staff) remain 'fit for post' and have opportunity to disclose anything which may compromise their suitability for the job?

Currently an Ofsted 'hot spot' regarding safeguarding for those who have been 'in post' for several years...

I await patently for someone to rescue me and offer some help/pro forma to look at.

Thanks in advance

Edited by Guest

I have a simple boxed sheet asking staff (every 6 months )have they any thing to declare or has anything changed regarding their CRB check. Just to sign to say they have/havent and if they have, to tell me(in confidence). Is this what you mean ? We renew CRB checks every 3 years

I have a simple boxed sheet asking staff (every 6 months )have they any thing to declare or has anything changed regarding their CRB check. Just to sign to say they have/havent and if they have, to tell me(in confidence). Is this what you mean ? We renew CRB checks every 3 years

Yep that's just what I mean - do you mind if I take a peek at your format? THANK YOU!!!!!! :o

Sorry cant help you with this. But do you mean that this is currently one of Ofsted's issue's with settings? If so why do they tell us not to keep redoing CRB forms then?

You have hit the nail on the head - seem to be another little gem pulled out of the bottomless Ofsted evidence bag!

We ask staff to declare this on a registration form which is renewed annually. But we were also advised to include a declaration about health too which might be worth considering if you are producing something new.

Crazy idea though - if there was something you had done - are you likely to own up to it if you were in the least bit dodgy? What's this piece of evidence really worth? What can you do differently with it, than you would have done without it if there was any kind of incident? Sorry feeling very anti Ofsted today - been working on SEF

I asked exactly the same questions Panders. I was told it was a way of absolving the manager/owner from responsibility basically, ie if something later became apparent the manager could say well they didn't declare it. What use it would be really I don't know. But I guess another box ticked! I'd be interested if anyone could give a more reasonable explanation.

Sorry don't know how to quote,

Holly35 said:

I asked exactly the same questions Panders. I was told it was a way of absolving the manager/owner from responsibility basically, ie if something later became apparent the manager could say well they didn't declare it. What use it would be really I don't know. But I guess another box ticked! I'd be interested if anyone could give a more reasonable explanation.

I was told exactly the same thing......from Mrs O

Edited by eyfs1966

I know this will sound cynical but maybe this is just a cheap and unsatisfactory way of saving money. Ofsted know that small voluntary setting would strugle to pay for regular rechecks of staff and committee CRBs and they don't want to pay themselves. This way the responsibility still rests with the setting and they are free to criticise and pass the buck when things go wrong.

(I told you it would sound cynical)