Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Insurance Costs

Hi all,

Can I be nosey please and ask for a rough guide as to what others in pack away village hall settings pay for insurance? I feel that ours is very high, apparently we get it through the PSLA. I should imagine it includes public indemnity and I know there is something in it to cover us the committee in case of our liability, but I can't see why it should be over £380 a year! Presumably that's to cover our resources (not worth much to be honest) but what else?

I'm planning to look in more detail at the paperwork but would really welcome a quick straw poll.

Many thanks.

Hi Suzie, I'm with Morton Michel too, could be you need a new quote. But obviously like all insurance, the more things you want covered the more it costs. I seem to remember when I was with the PSLA, you had Lawcall as well, not so sure if Morton Michel offer that offhand.

My schedule says, Public LIability £5,000,000, Employers LIability £10,000,000, Group Equip. £6,000, ahh legal expenses £50,000.

I am not insured for, loss of revenue, buildings, subsidence, T's & O's financial liability (perhaps you really need T's &O's if you are committee run). I have 21 children per day, up to 5 sessions per week £210, which includes premium tax.

Edited by Panders

we were 'moved out' of the parish hall and are now renting 3 rooms next to a gym in the centre of our town. Our insurance hasn't increased so i kept with the same company Morton Michel... I have been with them every since we opened our doors back in 1998 and our policy for this year was only £270-00 we are open 9-3pm 5 days a week for 48 weeks of the year. Hope this helps.

Sunny, we only open 15 hours too - are you sure we're not at the same setting :o

Morton Michel sounds good, I wonder if we've gone with what PSLA say is best rather than checking for other options. We do need cover for committee members but even so I think we're being over charged.

Sunny, we only open 15 hours too - are you sure we're not at the same setting xD

Wish we were! :( I think we would work well together!

Give Morton Michel a ring - nothing to lose really.........

I surprised myself last year - I actually looked into changing our house (Home) insurance and made quite a saving - up 'til then I'm afraid we had just renewed every year with the same company..........if I remember correctly - I think I saved about £180 and got equal cover...........so that's a new coat, pair of boots or both for me then! :o:(

Shamefully I leave all the household finances to my other half, however given that he's an accountant it is safer with him.

I will definitely give them a call and see what they can do for us, having had a look at their website it definitely seems cheaper.

Shame you are in Kent, Sunny, quite a distance from us here in wurzel country :o

I dont have the stuff at home with me but I'm sure we didn't insure for loss of revenue as it was just too expensive. As already said we do have O&T, which I think is vital for a committee run group. We also hav pc insurance. I think perhaps I may get someone to look inot this when our insurance is due.