Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Outdoor Resources

Hi

I am sure I have seen easels, blackboards, whiteboards etc that can hang off fences - and hence get packed away at the end of the session.

If you have seen them and can remember where - I'd love to know...

we made our own, used some blackboard paint on board, drilled holes near sides and put a rope through to hang them up... but don't ask me kind of board, it was from an old painting easel which fell apart, and we recycled it.!

Inge

tts do a perspex one that you can put things behind so the children can paint on. we just change the colour of paper add a pic or a large pattern sheet

sue

we made our own, used some blackboard paint on board, drilled holes near sides and put a rope through to hang them up...

We made our own also from a piece of old wardrope. I also recycled the side of my washer in the same way (husband did something with the edges to bend them over) Its used with magnetic letters/number and story/rhyme resources.Also with paint/mark making using the magnetic counters from ikea to hold the paper.

Some great ideas - beginning to think I imagined seeing one in a catalogue. Holes and Rope could look pretty good too.

Now I need to find an old household appliance for the metal board.

Big thanks all round.

Hi

I am sure I have seen easels, blackboards, whiteboards etc that can hang off fences - and hence get packed away at the end of the session.

If you have seen them and can remember where - I'd love to know...

I know the one you mean it is in the TTS Spaces and Places Furniture catalogue 2009. www.tts-shopping.com They have a double one and a single one. I

A little off the original post about blackboards, but I've just found this idea

post-25731-1256771225_thumb.jpg

Writing Belts...

Heritage Writing Belts are based on the idea of a workman’s tool belt, this makes sure essentials for writing are always to hand - to encourage their use in role play and investigative activities.

• Belt comes with notepad, pen and mobile phone as standard

• Plenty of useful pockets for extras

• Loops on belt; hook and loop (velcro) fastening

• Appeals to young children particularly boys

• Leaflet included which provides guidance and suggestions

• Fabrics in tough washable cottons. Made in the UK

• Adult version available as role model

http://www.heritagetreasurebaskets.co.uk/writing_belts.html

and thought it great

a for stopping pencils etc going 'missing' outside

b encouraging writing (especially the boys)

can also see the 'transporters' loving them...could then be a 'talking point' of their collections

A little pricey (£15) but sure the £shop or similar would have something that could be adapted

Love it! Especially if they come in adult sizes too! How many times recently have I been looking for one of our thousands of pens only to find the pen monster has eaten them all!

Maz

PS I've moved this out into the resources forum so that people will be able to find it more easily.

Edited by HappyMaz
to explain where I've moved the thread to!

I brought a proper workman's belt from B &Q for £5 and put an additional hole in the belt part and added my own acceessories.

Tesco had some for gardening. I got one reduced to 50p :o never thought to check out the children's gardening range so maybe next Spring when the range comes back.

Love it! Especially if they come in adult sizes too! How many times recently have I been looking for one of our thousands of pens only to find the pen monster has eaten them all!

wow, you too...thought it was just us that couldn't look after our pens, we've tried everything so there's always one at hand.. Never thought about using this for us grown ups!!

PS I've moved this out into the resources forum so that people will be able to find it more easily.

Thanks Maz, had originally looked for the thread about boys and writing, must have imagined it so put it here...am slowly getting familiar with the ins and outs, this forum is amazing, like a tardis!!

Good idea Cait, it's maybe a way of the grandparents helping, I can see it now - like the Shreddies advert, haha!

P.s congrats on your fab Ofsted result :o

I brought a proper workman's belt from B &Q for £5 and put an additional hole in the belt part and added my own acceessories.

S

fab...and a bargain too! This got me wondering how many other 'things' we do that could probably be/have been marketed... We could collect Ideas for a 'little book of thrifty ideas/ resources'

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)