Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

New Version Of E-profile Is Rubbish

Guest tinkerbell

Guest tinkerbell

I am so fed up with this

Today I entered the childrens assessments for September and an example was I gave a child point1,2 and I wanted to give him point 4 and the computer said no you must missed a point.....I knew I had missed a point ,the child had not achieved this point 3.

I phoned the LEA and they said you have to fill in all points 1,2,3 before you can fill in theothers and the others can be non sequential.I argued that I thought they all were,apparantly not the LEA said that all over the country practitioners are finding this and you just have to make a 'note'

How rubbish is this ! my HT wants a baseline and I had to explain it all to her....The LEA also said 'are you using the guidance?'I was cross.

Tinkerbell

That makes it unworkable, I would have thought ....

I'm Preschool so don't use it, but I do find that the development statements aren't sequential, so if I couldn't say that a child had attained one of the statements, that would mean that they couldn't 'do' the next?

This is like when I was told that my child would never achieve NC Level 5 in English because he didn't do 'joined up' writing, even though the standard of what he was writing was Level 6

Edited by Cait

sorry Tinkerbell but 1,2 & 3 have always been sequential and if you wanted to award another point before getting 1, 2,3 you had to get a password from the LEA. You may have been working with an old version of the eProfile.

Guest tinkerbell

The LEA talked about the 'password' ,apparantly so many requests for it they do not give it any more(that is national)

DA 1 Shows an interest in classroom activities through observation or participation

DA 2 Dresses, undresses and manages own personal hygiene with adult support

DA 3 Displays high levels of involvement in selfchose activities

DA 4 Dresses and undresses independently and manages own personal hygiene

This is one of the onesin question my little boy doesn't have a high level of involvement in anything but he can get dressed for PE,outdoors,wash his hands for baking,after toilet etc....so?

Tinkerbell

The LEA talked about the 'password' ,apparantly so many requests for it they do not give it any more(that is national)

DA 1 Shows an interest in classroom activities through observation or participation

DA 2 Dresses, undresses and manages own personal hygiene with adult support

DA 3 Displays high levels of involvement in selfchose activities

DA 4 Dresses and undresses independently and manages own personal hygiene

This is one of the onesin question my little boy doesn't have a high level of involvement in anything but he can get dressed for PE,outdoors,wash his hands for baking,after toilet etc....so?

Tinkerbell

sorry - i keep doing that -wrong button. I've got a little girl in my class just like this does everything that she's asked to do independently but otherwise does absoutely nothing at all :o

I had this problem with the eye profile last year. In the end I just accepted that the only statutory time for the profile to be completed is at the end of FS2; the statutory data is which points they have achieved by then. The dates at which they achieve all the different points are useful in school to show progress, but a note to yourself can do this job. Anything it didn't let me enter I entered as a note to myself, and then once the child had achieved point 3 I gave them point 4. I seem to remember that once you give a child point 3 (say dated spring 1 or February) you could back date point 4 (eg autumn 2 or December) even though that showed them achieving point 4 before point 3. That might have been a little loophole... but I may be misremembering!

Guest tinkerbell

Thank you

It is great to have other practitioners understand how frustrating the e-profile can be.

Emmajess I will try that re dating it is worth a look thank you.Our HT uses a target tracker and wants a baseline figure,so i need accurate stuff ....never mind its half term next week.

Tinkerbell

• 1 month later...

Ohhhh that new version 3.1...........oh my God!!!it has caused me heartache....our profile seemed to be going fine with the 3.0 version...then we got a new computer and downloaded the new version...so information was transfered across that was when the problems started...the info transfered was trashed baiscally....also whats the deal with it now only useful for Reception age children.....dont nursery children count any more..arggggh...its just not good anymore.... :o

Shows what I know chocolatebrownie - I thought the eye-profile was only for reception children anyway. :o

Did you save your old data (ie is it possible for you to return to the old version)?

Me too Steve xD

I don='t use it for my preschoolers and OFSTED have never mentioned it :(

Am I missing something? I thought the profile was completed at the end of reception - just been on a quick hunt and found this:

All registered early years providers will be required to use the EYFS framework from September 2008 and to complete an EYFS profile for each child at the end of the academic year in which they reach the age of five.

eprofile is not tracking 2 years of progress now to stop it being used in nursery as it is statutorily only for the reception end of KS assessment. This is a good thing.

profile guidance hasn't changed in any respect to points 1-3. The new guidance is very clear in my opinion.

Cx

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)