Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

More Toilet Talk....sorry

Hi,

I am clearly stuck in a toilet schema at the moment...

Following yesterday's question about loo rolls....

What do you do when you are out with the children on a countryside walk and someone needs the loo?

I would encourage them to go behind a tree but what if it's more than a wee?

Sorry...a very silly question but we are planning a whole morning walk and I wouldn't want to send someone all the way back to base.

Answers on a piece of loo paper please...

Edlee you have read my mind!

I too have been trying to think of what to do if we are all out on a trip away from "facilities"

One of my staff team is off on a course in November and that's the first question she will be asking

When my children were small I would take them behind a bush but in today's world I'm not sure that that's a good idea and like others have thought of some of the alternatives - none of which are appealing and which member of staff gets the short straw and carrys it!!!!! :o

not got an answer to this one, ok with own children but with other peoples...

just thought I would share this one though..

we had a little boy at pre-school, fully toilet trained, never an accident, but when outdoors and he needed a wee he would just drop his trousers and go. wherever he was, took us ages to teach him that the toilet inside was more suitable.. seems that was what his parents had taught him to do...

Inge

We take our children over to local country park regularly, last week not one of the seventeen (3-4year olds) asked for the toilet!!!

Its amazing !!!!! but they were all so engaged in the activities (tree climbing, digging, running, shouting, exploring) I don't think they thought about it!

If we had been in our setting they would have been in the loo without a doubt :o

Goes to show you get them out!!!

Sue

PS Staff held themselves well too xD

Well last term we had a lovely trip planned. Bus ride to the park, morning at park, bus ride back. Then we did a quick look mround the park and found out there is only one park in my borough that has toilets and becuase of where they are situated dont open until 12 noon, So we cancelled, Such a shame and as others have said one thing to take your own child behind a bush but quite another with someone elses' child.

Maybe send out a parent questionairre and ask them what they would like you to do???

No seriously, I do wonder what answers parents would give if asked.

Peggy

we also in forest Sue aas you know on friday some of my children only 2 1/2 we have constant accidents at min

not one in the forest and only 1 loo trip just taking the little ones my older ones dont usually ask to go

staff cross there legs and no drinking tea after 7 in the morning haha :o

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)