Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Loo Rolls Anyone?

Hi,

Sorry to lower the tone but is there anywhere that officially says we cannot use loo rolls for craft activities?

I know some people think they will transmit germs but....really?

And the children love them.

I feel a loo roll policy coming on......

Ah - this has been discussed before..........desperately trying to remember ......... sure someone will come along and point you in the right direction........

My memory (now there's a joke') tells me that this is just a 'myth' and that we can use loo roll middles - a great resource in my humble opinion! :o

My memory (now there's a joke') tells me that this is just a 'myth' and that we can use loo roll middles - a great resource in my humble opinion! :o

Quite right, sunnyday - the health and safety executive have a 'myth of the month' feature on their website and this was covered here in August 2007's myth about using egg cartons for craft activities. So long as they are clean. there is no reason why they shouldn't be used.

You can print out the cartoon and explanatory text to put up on your noticeboard!

Maz

I keep printouts of HSE myths of the month on my risk assessment file. My ofsted inspector was very impressed!! (and laughed at a few of them too, which was a welcome light moment during the inspection!)

Go for it with loo rolls, egg cartons, etc, just check that they are clean.

Well to be honest I hate touching them at the best of times. I always inpsect them when I am out - as far as I am concerned I never see particularly clean ones and there is often something inside the toilet roll that looks at little unsavoury expecially if they are not sitting in a proper holder and people have to grab the insides to get the paper off. This is coming from me who takes risks all the time and believes that H&S has gone made but loo rolls I will not use when I can use kitchen rolls - just you take a look sometime and you might be unpleasantly suprised at what you might find..........but then I also have a bit of a toilet phobia too - just thought I wold share!!!! ~Egg cartons no problem ....

I've often wondered what would happen if those two scary women from 'How Clean Is Your House?' ever set foot in the average EY setting? I reckon that by the time they had swabbed the sinks,loos, sand, water, duplo, dough, library books (which also go home), staff tea mugs, door handles,the whole of outdoors, not to mention the adults and children, their testing systems would go into meltdown and we would probably all be quarantined and dealt with by men in biological warfare suits. I think in the grand scheme of things, loo rolls are the least of our worries - I sometimes wonder how we survive frankly!!!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)