Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Funny Accidental Observation?!

The other day in nursery a little boy told me he was going for a poo! I said you don't need to tell me you can just go. About 15 mins later I realised why he told me - he wanted me to wipe his bottom. I walked past the toilets and saw his stood there pants round ankles! I apologised to him and asked if he had been waiting all that time for me. He said yes but it's ok i counted while i waited. I said oh well done what did you count. He said - you guessed it - i counted my poos, i did four!!

The sad thing is I considered writing a post it - 'can count up to four everyday objects (poos)' but then again I didn't fancy checking to see if he was right!! What would ofsted say! :o

Just thought I'd share this as it made me chuckle!

made me chuckle...

we had a similar observation.

a little girl went for a wee..

when she had finished she said- look the water in the toilet is now green, it was blue before, my wee is yellow so it changed it to green.

she proved she knew her colours and colour mixing!

Inge

It amazes me constantly how varied their reactions to the whole toilet experience can be - you get the furtive ones, the matter of fact ones, the ditherers, the last-minute-sprinters, the worriers, the come-and-look-what-I'e-dones and, my favourites, the ones, like my son, who like to leave the door wide open and make a grand social occasion of it with as many passers by to chat to as possible with not a shred of inhibition to spoil the opportunity! (Maybe a tricky one, but oh to be 3 and just not care!) The funniest one we had recently was one little boy who legged it outside , trousers round ankles, paper in hand because he wanted a particular adult to help him clean up - not upset, just thought she might like to - and why not?!

We have a Down's child who we asked mum to put in pull ups cause we thougth she knew when she wanted to go. This week immediately after her snack (which she loves) at 10:15 we have 'wee-wee'd'. She does Makaton but her support and I have been doing all sorts of signing,singing and dancing to celebrate each day!!! and she does laugh at us.It's been wonderful :oxD:(

Next week we are aiming for 10: 15 and 11-I will be exhuasted with all the over celebrating!!!

We have one just started who will be going to school this time next year. Mum said 'oh he's fine on the toilet, he knows when he needs it' so on Friday he suddenly snapped his head up and said 'toilet!' we made a clear path for him through the room and he legged it. I gave him a second then said, 'Can you manage?' and there was a reply 'When are you coming?' so I went in and he was standing waiting for me to pull his clothes down. In case it was urgent I pulled them down, at the same time telling him that he could have managed to do that. 'Sitting or standing?' I asked. 'Stand like Daddy' he said. Ok, a gentle push towards the loo then. 'Er, you need to make sure you are pointing in the toilet, get hold of it and make sure the wee goes in the toilet' I reminded him. 'Oh no' he said 'YOU do that bit'. Hmm

i has a mum come in and actually say to me 'hes not very well blessed in that department, so he will need someone to hold it for him otherwise it will go everywhere'

i explained we could not really 'hold it for him' and suggested other ways we could help!

I could always offer some cooking tweezers .............

Ouch! :wacko:

Now toilet stories.........this is my sort of level! :o

Think my favourite - years ago - little girl passing an open cubicle where a little boy was having a 'wee' - she did a double-take and then said........"oh my daddy's got a big orange one of those" xD:(:(

I still very occasionally see this 'dad' and I'm afraid I think of this every time I do!!! xD:(

had one of those too...

we had a little boy announce ot all that daddy was not at work because he was having an operation so he could have no more babies... and that he was walking funny because his willy hurt.. and who should walk in to collect him at end of session...

Inge

Slightly off track from original post.......

Once discussing a little boy's toilet training with his mother she told me that her brother had problems 'down there' as a child which meant he couldn't wee properly and had to have a certain operation. Her brother was also a parent at the nursery - a very nice looking man at that - I couldn't view him in the same light again!