Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Fsf September 2009 Competition

Beau

Not too late! I haven't looked at marking them yet (that sounds very school teacherly!!) as I've been at work, so if anyone has a last minute entry get it to me in by this evening and you can be included. :o

Yes, its in my inbox! Hoping to get all entries looked at and answers up over the weekend (I have to work tomorrow too unexpectedly so won't have time then).

Guess I am too late to enter this one then... :o

First 5 answers. :o

1. Alice Cooper released the single 'Schools Out' in 1972, but what is Alice Coopers real name?

Vincent Damon Furnier

2. The National Curriculum was introduced into England, Wales and Northern Ireland as a nationwide curriculum for primary and secondary state schools following the Education Reform Act in which year?

Education Reform Act 1988

3. What are the names of the 2 boys bullied by ‘Flashman’ in a famous novel by Thomas Hughes?

Tom Brown, Harry ‘Scud’ East

4. Edward Michael Grylls was appointed the youngest ever Chief Scout at the age of 35. What school did he attend and what is his nickname?

Eton, Bear Grylls I'll accept Ludgrove School too, as a few people have put that one!

5. Lenny Henry starred in a BBC television drama about a school in special measures. What was the name of the drama?

Hope and Glory

Next lot of answers. :o

6. Which football referee is a house master at Harrow?

David Elleray

7. Which film characters found love at Rydell High?

Danny Zuko and Sandy Ollson

8. What are the four types of learning styles in Fleming's VARK model?

Visual, Aural, Read/Write, Kinesthetic

9. What is Scotland’s new curriculum guidance called?

Curriculum for Excellence

10. Which schools choir was used in Pink Floyd’s Another Brick in the Wall?

Islington Green School

Next lot, one more to go. :o

11. To Sir, With Love is a 1959 autobiographical novel by written by which author?

E. R. Braithwaite

12. Teacher Gordon Sumner became the lead singer of which top band and under what name?

The Police, Sting

13. Which politician was nicknamed "the milk snatcher" after stopping free milk in schools?

Margaret Thatcher

14. Shermer High School is a fictitious school which features in which three John Hughes films?

The Breakfast Club, Weird Science and Ferris Bueller's Day Off Also Sixteen Candles apparently!

15. What type of school did actress Jennifer Aniston attend?

Rudolf Steiner School

Last ones - results to follow at some point over the weekend!

16. John Alderton played a young teacher fresh out of training college in the situation comedy Please Sir! What was his characters name and what was the name of the school?

Bernard Hedges, Fenn Street school

17. Which politician said, “The most important thing about education is appetite"?

Winston Churchill

18. Harvard University is the oldest institution of higher learning in the United States. Where can it be found?

Cambridge, Massachusetts

19. The rhyme ‘Mary had a Little Lamb’ is supposedly based upon a true story. What is the name of the little girl who took her pet lamb to school?

Mary Sawyer

20. Which academic year were the first SATs introduced for 7 year olds?

1990/91

You are all getting much too good at these quizzes - the top three all got 19 questions right, and another one partly right! I am going to have to draw names out of a hat to get the winner so you'll have to bear with me as I'm off to have dinner now! :o

Right, thanks to everyone who entered our competition and bad luck to those of you who haven't won this month. I hope you'll try again next month! :o

1st place - Inge

2nd place - belle06

3rd place - NickySussex

I'll be in touch with you to arrange your prizes. xD

Thank you so much, I can't believe I won 3rd prize.

It makes up for being off school with an infection behind my knee again. First told it was cellulitus, now dr is not sure so hope to see someone at hospital asap so they can assess it.

Yes I did know the real name!!!!

Look forward to being in contact with Beau soon

Nicky Sussex xD:(:o