Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

This Is How It Was A Year Ago

Hi!

Thought of sharing some photos of how my classroom looked a year ago on the day before school started. I would like to cover the benches with some home-made cushions that have the same shape (oblong), but I am not handy. Might see if I find someone to help out with that.

The entrance door was changed, so I cannot put anything behind the new one since it has a see-through glass. I have moved the phonics pocket chart hanger to the wall on the left.

The "Sound it out!" will become "This is me!", so the children can add drawings of themselves on the 1st day of school and expose them there.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

LOL... yes, indeed! And each day, after they go, tidying it up what they might have missed :o when they had to help out.

By the way, since it is before they start the year, there are no samples of their work, but that goes around the year and the displays change depending on the topics. Yet, it is all on my hands because I don't have any T.A.'s. The children like to give some ideas xD

Edited by SmileyPR

Well, the brother-in-law of the school owner made the all the painting on the 2 big walls. I suppose that was his idea with the silhouettes :o . This was done before we had to move classrooms, so it was there already. It has it's advantages and disadvantages. The wall that has the silhouettes still has displays available, but not the other one (The Lion King). Okay, it is less work for me alone xD , but I sometimes wish I could display more of the children's work as well as other things (e.g. rules, birthdays). Thankfully I now have a small birthday chart, before I had one small chart for each month and it took a lot of space. I have to constantly change them and I only have Wednesday afternoons for that, together with other things.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)