Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Keyworker Book?

Hi, New to this so please bear with me. Im hoping someone can help. In our setting we use the development matters statements as one our assessments, called a keyworker book, and you tick the statement with a date and evidence of when you observed them do this. I am struggling to find a template or example though as we are now taking two year olds and five year olds so we have lots of extra sections to cover in the eyfs. When I tried adapting these into our old format it was 35 pages long which is bordering on ridiculous!

Any help on keyworker tick charts/books would really be appreciated, thankyou!

Jo

DOn't think there is a way around it ours are huge! xD:o But it does allow evidence of all types to be collated and celebrated...that's what we have to do isn't it.. :(

Okay, thanks everyone, was wishful thinking by me then to try get it down a bit! :o Looks like it'll have to be huge whichever way so may as well stick to old format and what I know. Thankyou for replying

We use the EYFS disc, you can print off all, or just the age range the child is in, I make mine into A5 booklets, these are easy to keep with you, A4 would give you more room to put comments on, however we only use ours as a guide, and put all observations in the childs learning journey.

Hope this makes sense.

Do a lot of you do this then? I thought that using the DM's as any kind of tick list was to be avoided?

I have managed to get the DM's statements and parts of the Look listen and note pointers onto three sheets each with six columns (double sided), though as we are preschool we dont put the first two stages on...if we need to look at them we go bck to the book.

Each key person has on set of these and they are only ever used to guide planning and assessments in a general sense - we dont tick them or date them...purely use these as an easier method of seeing what stages and things to look for rather than having to keep flicking through the guidance book!

Do a lot of you do this then? I thought that using the DM's as any kind of tick list was to be avoided?

I have managed to get the DM's statements and parts of the Look listen and note pointers onto three sheets each with six columns (double sided), though as we are preschool we dont put the first two stages on...if we need to look at them we go bck to the book.

Each key person has on set of these and they are only ever used to guide planning and assessments in a general sense - we dont tick them or date them...purely use these as an easier method of seeing what stages and things to look for rather than having to keep flicking through the guidance book!

I couldn't agree more!

We do have them, and they are signed and dated etc and I think it looks like a ticklist. I told my advisory teacher this, but she said we should keep using them :oxD:(

I have managed to get the whole lot onto 7 pages though. Our scrapbooks are the important bit for us -with the photos that say a thousand words to the trained eye.......and are a pleasure for parents/carers when they look at them.

xx

I think the fact we fill ours with valuable evidence makes it unlike a tick list...ultimately you are using the document to show next steps and provide links to individual planning.....yes they don't want us to use a tick list but give us one to work with :oxD .....guess it is up to us (again) :( to adapt the paperwork to work for our settings. :(

Ours definitely isn't a tick list thank goodness, they don't really tell anyone anything, do they! We write some small mini obs next to the 'statement' and date it. Sometimes there can be two or three mini obs against a statement, if they are all slightly different, or show a progression in learning. It's very much seen as a 'can do - where shall we go next' by everyone.

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome! I hope to help others where I can (as well as asking for help) and so far I think this site is amazing, Im just annoyed I didn't come across it before!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)