Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Numberacy Area

I was trying to develop this area within my setting. The children are aged 2 to 5 years of age and free flow between all areas together. The children currently enjoy songs and rhymes and will singing them in all areas. The songs we currents sing seem to all decrease in numbers does anyone have any number songs that the numbers increase.

thank you in advance

also if anone has an ideas for fun activities which have worked

for them :oxD:(:(:(

you can change it by doing an edit - full edit you want, to change 'numberacy'

I do know some counting up songs - I'll have a quick think and be right back!

One dainty daffodil makes its way through, up pops another one, and that makes two

Two dainty daffodils nodding by a tree, up pops another one and that makes three

Three dainty daffodils what a golden score, up pops another one and that makes four

Four dainty daffodils glad to be alive, up pops another one and that makes five

Five dainty daffodils waving in the sun, someone picks themself a bunch, now there are none

Edited by Cait

There was one little, two little, three little dinosaurs....sung to the tune of 10 little Indians....when we get to 10 we all 'roar'!

Jonny hammers with one hammer........

Five fat peas in a pea pod pressed, one grew, two grew and so did all the rest, they grew and grew and did not stop, until one day the pop went pop!

That's a great dinosaur one. We invented a dino one to the tune of 10 green bottles, One big dinosaur playing in the breeze, one big dinosaur playing in the breeze and if one big dinosaur came out from the trees, (RAAH!) there'd be two big dinosaurs playing in the breeze - but that one can go on for ever if you're not careful. It also works the other way if you sing 'one big dinosaur hid between the trees' instead and cover your eyes.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)