Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

If You Go Down To Google Today

HappyMaz

Don't often use Google (thanks to Cait I use easyfundraising.co.uk for my searches and raise money for my pre-school). Anyway today I wanted to look up something on google books and they're having one of their themed days.

Today at Google they are celebrating Hans-Christian Orsten's birthday who apparently is the founder of electromagnetism, or something like that. If you feel the need know more, the Guardian has an article here all about him.

Maz

Edited by HappyMaz
to amend the title so it can be used for any cool google celebratory pages!

I do feel I need to know more about easy fundraising......just tried typing that in, but not sure if the right thing came up....looked dodgy to me! Please tell me more :o

I do feel I need to know more about easy fundraising......just tried typing that in, but not sure if the right thing came up....looked dodgy to me! Please tell me more :o

It does seem legit - and I have received my first quarter's 'royalties'. I'll send you a PM!

Maz

It does seem legit - and I have received my first quarter's 'royalties'. I'll send you a PM!

Maz

I joined easyfundraising a few years back for playgroup. I never managed to get many of the mums using it but we certainly got regular (if small) cheques!

I did wonder what the theme was today. thanks for that. We managed to see some of the shooting stars on tues eve as wed eve was too cloudy(that was weds theme btw.) :o

we saw the shooting stars in Cyprus - they were amazing xD

Well you learn something new everyday so thanks for that Maz.

Now I logged on to the Google link and my horoscope came up on the page. How did it know my birth sign? Amazing or just a co-incidence?

What Google link? :o

Now I logged on to the Google link and my horoscope came up on the page. How did it know my birth sign? Amazing or just a co-incidence?

Do you have an account with Google? Perhaps you've signed up at some point so it has all your details... How odd! Was it a good horoscope, or not?

Maz

i did not get a horoscope either!

Hali, how lovely star gazing in Cyprus!! Off on a tangent here, but we were star gazing in Malaysia once on a lovely beach to compare Northern and Southern hemispheres but realised as soon as the torch went off millions of tiny crabs crept up on us. Well, we only managed a short time before fleeing, ho hum! :o

The shooting star you may have seen this week will be the Perseids Metoer shower, they have been spectacular this year if you've had clear skies at about 2am!

And if you just happen to have a telescope hanging about, you can see Saturn with no rings visible at this time, it only happens about every 15 years.

Do you have an account with Google? Perhaps you've signed up at some point so it has all your details... How odd! Was it a good horoscope, or not?

Maz

Google is my default search engine on my Safari toolbar so it must be something to do with that. No it wasn't an amazing horoscope yesterday, something about doors opening for me in the future so the usual ambiguous rubbish. Mind you I have just had a peep at todays and that is amazingly apt :oxD. I also get the news and a weather forecast for London, so no good for me oop North.

that easyfundraisng looks interesting however I find parents are slow to go online for things like that but maybe if It was facebook I would get a better responce!

....... but thinking about it I supose my friends and family and online buddies might be interested in supporting it

that easyfundraisng looks interesting however I find parents are slow to go online for things like that but maybe if It was facebook I would get a better responce!

I just did a quick search for easyfundraising on facebook and found that quite a few people who use it to raise funds for their pet projects have it on their profile, with a link to easyfundraising so that people can support them.

Sounds like a great way of harnessing the phenomena that is facebook!

Maz

• 2 months later...