Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

E115!

dublinbay

Do you know how they (the OU) work out the results (scores) - I suppose it would tell me in the assessment guide - but thought I would ask on here first (still can't believe it!).

Do you know how they (the OU) work out the results (scores) - I suppose it would tell me in the assessment guide - but thought I would ask on here first (still can't believe it!).

Congratulations on your results :o

What do you want to know specifically about the scores?? I guess on your homepage it just says PASS in big red letters (looks good doesn't it xD ) and then underneath it should have something like this:

Overall examinable score (OES) :

Overall continuous assessment score (OCAS) :

If you let me know more specifcally what you are after I will try and help

I have no idea. I find it all very confusing so if you work it out please let me know. At the moment all I care about is that I actually passed. :o

Congratulations on your results :o

What do you want to know specifically about the scores?? I guess on your homepage it just says PASS in big red letters (looks good doesn't it xD ) and then underneath it should have something like this:

Overall examinable score (OES) :

Overall continuous assessment score (OCAS) :

If you let me know more specifcally what you are after I will try and help

Thanks Geraldine

Yes it is good to see PASS in big red letters

I know how the OCAS is worked out as it showed this on the OU website, just wondering how the OES is worked out - will PM you.

Thanks

Hi Everyone

I passed E115 too. I couldn't believe how many ink cartridges

I got through. Still better order some more E215 starts in

October.

Congratulations to everyone on your results.

Laura

Well done dublinbay!

Are you celebrating tonight? If so I'll get the lazy susan out ready!

Maz

Decided to celebrate tonight instead. Went out for a Chinese meal Maz so your mate susan can stay firmly in the cupboard thanks!!!! :oxD

QUOTE (myhenroxanne @ Aug 6 2009, 15:53)

I have no idea. I find it all very confusing so if you work it out please let me know. At the moment all I care about is that I actually passed. :o

Hi

I now have the official explanation of how the scores are reached xD Apologies myhenroxanne that my PM was not quite right!!

OK here goes:

Section 1, Section 2 and Sections 3-14(EYCLOS) are marked individually on the usual 9 point scale and given one of the 'normal' marks (48/63/78 etc) - the sections are then weighted 55% for section 1, 33% for section 2 and 12% for the EYCLOS

so hypothetical example is marks of:

Section 1 63%

Section 2 78%

Section 3 93%

They then take 55% of your 63% for section 1

33% of 78% for section 2

and 12% of your 93 for section 3-14

which gives weighted scores of:

section 1 34.65

section 2 25.74

section 3 11.6

Add then add them all together and you get 72%

well 71.99 to be precise according to my trusty calculator! The OU 'round up' or down as the case maybe.

Thanks for doing this Geraldine.......your example made it easier to understand.

I thought I would work backwards from my final score to see what I got for each section but that can wait until a rainy day to work out (or the arrival of my brainy mathematical daughter.......whichever comes first!!). :o

Thanks again. xD

Hi all!

Just back from hols - YES!! I passed - YAY!!!

Really don't care about score (although very respectable), just so relieved I didn't do something stupid like forget to 'anonymise' something and get a total fail on the ethics front!! :o

Thanks for the explanation, Geraldine, though.... err - think I'll let 'them' work it all out, sounds far too complicated for me!!! xD

Sue :(

Hi everyone

Just back from my hols and getting my laptop back from the menders (overwork due to E115). Wanted to add my congratulations to you all. I passed too.

I phoned my son to get my results whilst on holiday just was we were having a barbecue on the beach and watching a beautiful sunset, so it was quite a memorable way of celebrating with 'small' tumbler of wine in hand!

Hi everyone

Just back from my hols and getting my laptop back from the menders (overwork due to E115). Wanted to add my congratulations to you all. I passed too.

I phoned my son to get my results whilst on holiday just was we were having a barbecue on the beach and watching a beautiful sunset, so it was quite a memorable way of celebrating with 'small' tumbler of wine in hand!

Well done to you Deb.......congratulations! :o

• 4 weeks later...

I passed too!!

All set to start E215 in October now, although according to the site I won't be getting my materials wil the week before :o I was hoping to get a bit of a head-start!!

Well done to everyone who passed!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)