Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Scrapbooks?

I am thinking of making scrapbooks with the children that would include photos taken at the nursery and the parents could take them home to add to aswell as an extra to there observations folders.......but i cant seem to find cheap-ish scrapbooks anywhere!!

I'm gonna need 40 of them to start of with, so the cheaper the better...where do you get yours from??

I think scrapbooks are incredibly expensive to buy commercially, our chlidren do have their own scrapbooks, they can cut and stick to their heart's content in them, draw whatever they want, paint prints, etc. we do add the occasional photograph which they have taken themselves with the children's camera.

Now to answer your question. In Kent we have a supplier called Kent County Supplies, they supply almost everything you see in most of the main children's catalogues, but tend to be a little cheaper especially for stationery items. Maybe your county run a similar kind of shop your Early Years Advisory Teacher may know. The catalogue covers schools, nursing homes, etc. from everything from a pencil to kitchen equipment, televisions etc. We get our scrapbooks from them, they are slightly smaller than A4, but wider, they are plain sugar type paper inside and most children get through about 2 of them in roughly the 2 years they spend with us.

The cost £14.50 for 30, which is about 48 p. each

Edited by Panders

We make our own using A4 sugar paper and 2 sheets of thin card for the front and back cover and bind it together using a proper binding machine (whatever it might be called!). Doing it this way means we can have our nursery logo on the front as well as being to add pages if they are full. We call them celebration books and my husband is the chief celebration book maker!!

Do you find the sugar paper robust enough? I use my binders a lot - have a comb binder and a thermal binder and they ARE good to give everything that 'corporate image' finish.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)